The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: New guy from CT

Default New guy from CT

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say hello from Connecticut and look forward to learning as much as I can. I've been hunting for 35 years now (both my son and daughter hunt as well) and have had GSPs and we now have Labs - Chocolates - Love the brown dogs. Hannah will be seven this year and Jackson has just joined our family and only 11 weeks old. After having GSPs, Hannah was our first lab and we just fell in love with the breed. She does hunt and I use her exclusively in water. Lost my 16 year old GSP last November and he was my field dog. We don't do much upland hunting anymore, grouse are hard to come by and our pheasant program here in CT stinks which is why we moved to ducks and geese and the reason for our first lab. Look forward to catching up on all the great information here and learning as much as I can - sure wish I would have found this site years ago.

Jim

Welcome! This is a great place!
    "I love the rod and gun and where they take me."

"Do not judge a man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins."

Welcome to RTF and to CT. Check out the Yankee Waterfowlers Hunting Retriever Club. We are chartered in RI but run most of our training sessions and hunt tests in northeast CT. Lots of members from CT. I'm from MA and own 4 brown dogs. Hope to me you and your dogs some day.

Wayne

Ditto what Wayne said. Yankee is a good bunch. And there are alot of brown dog folks too. Northeast Ct has alot of retriever tests and training avail. Yankees annual meeting is inb a couple weeks. Shoot me a pm if you are interested in joining. I'm a little north of ya in Central ma. Good luck with yer pup! Jim
    The mightiest oak was once a small nut that stood its ground

Welcome aboard the RTF.

You'll have to ask Bubba what GDG means.

Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Thanks for the welcomes and the information as well as PMs. I plan on responding to the PMs once I get 11 posts. I'd PM Bubba and ask about GDG if I could but I'm guessing from reading the forum it's some type of Off Topic tag. Sorry if I messed up my first post. I'm a quick learner and will get it all figured out...Promise!

Welcome! Are you part of the "PassinthruOutdoors" team I see over on ArcheryTalk ocassionally? I do a lot of bowhunting and recognized the name.

no I am not. I believe they are PassThru Outdoors - they have some good videos though. Passinthru outdoors is the name of my blog.