The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He Has Talked the Talk........

Default He Has Talked the Talk........

.....will he Walk the Walk???

Franco, Republican Rand Paul got my attention;

Last edited by road kill; 01-17-2013 at 06:24 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

When one talks about Libertarian Republican Rand Paul, realize that the apple didn't fall far from the tree. I don't think there is any doubt he will walk the walk and continue to alienate many Republicans, much like his father.

Interesting that what Rand is suggesting is the same thing his father has been saying the last week on his speaking engagements with 100% of the speaking fees going to the Liberty Pack. We are talking about two men with strong beliefs in The Constitution.

If the 2nd Amendment is tampered with, so will the 1st.

P S

Notice the Israeli flag in the background? Rand has been is Israel the last week explaining to them why he would end Foreign Aide to them. Though Rand is a member of one of the Protestant religions, he was reading the Torah in Hebrew to elders at a Temple. There is a video of it on youtube.
    Last edited by Franco; 01-17-2013 at 06:42 AM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    When one talks about Libertarian Republican Rand Paul, realize that the apple didn't fall far from the tree. I don't think there is any doubt he will walk the walk and continue to alienate many Republicans, much like his father.

Interesting that what Rand is suggesting is the same thing his father has been saying the last week on his speaking engagements with 100% of the speaking fees going to the Liberty Pack. We are talking about two men with strong beliefs in The Constitution.

If the 2nd Amendment is tampered with, so will the 1st.

P S

Notice the Israeli flag in the background? Rand has been is Israel the last week explaining to them why he would end Foreign Aide to them. Though Rand is a member of one of the Protestant religions, he was reading the Torah in Hebrew to elders at a Temple. There is a video of it on youtube.
    We (America/not just Republicans) desperately need a leader.
    The opportunity is there.

Right now, I am watching Rubio and Paul.

JMO
    Stan b & Elvis

I listen to him last night on AFR and without being able to see him you could easily guess that he is Ron's son. They speak the same with the same pauses, they give that little giggle the same and they set up their sentences the same way.

Hopefully he has an even more successful career than his father and becomes President one day......soon hopefully.

Sadly that's probably too much of a dream b/c he's a Christian who attends Church every Sunday and doesn't mind telling folks that he depends on Jesus to help him make decisions. But hey, we'll attempt to vote a Mormon in lol Crazy Nation!
    Last edited by Dustin D; 01-17-2013 at 07:05 AM.

Rubio is what the establishment would rather have than Rand, but Rand is wha the country needs more than Rubio. I have not been convinced that Rubio desires small government and large liberty yet. Rand is my man now

Is anyone, including Rand Paul identifying him as a "Libertarian Republican".

(Other than Libertarians desperately trying to hang on to a big name?)
    Bill Davis

All one has to do is go to Rand's website and see where he stands on the issues. Then, go to the RNC website and read the Platform. Then, go to LP.org and read where they stand on the issues and one will see that Rand mirrors the LP Platform.

Rand is also a member of the Liberty Pack, an organization that funds and promotes Liberty loving candidates no matter which Party they belong to!

Again, the only reason Rand is classified as a Repub is because of the current two Party monopoly.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

All one has to do is go to Rand's website and see where he stands on the issues. Then, go to the RNC website and read the Platform. Then, go to LP.org and read where they stand on the issues and one will see that Rand mirrors the LP Platform.

Rand is also a member of the Liberty Pack, an organization that funds and promotes Liberty loving candidates no matter which Party they belong to!

Again, the only reason Rand is classified as a Repub is because of the current two Party monopoly.
    It's a simple yes or no question.
    Bill Davis

I went to Rand Pauls website.
    I did not see him referenced as a Libertarian, in any manner.

I see him identified as a Republican.
    Last edited by road kill; 01-17-2013 at 09:19 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Rubio is what the establishment would rather have than Rand, but Rand is wha the country needs more than Rubio. I have not been convinced that Rubio desires small government and large liberty yet. Rand is my man now
    I agree.

Possible Repub cadidates for 2016;

Rick Santorum is the front runner. He is already campaigning and fund raising. Has a fund raiser in my little town on March 9th at the Catholic Conference. And, was the runner up to Rmoney.

Bobby Jindal
    Marco Rubio
    Rand Paul

Who am I leaving out?