The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goose hunt today

Sean Mann is a good guy and I'm really happy to see someone working one of his flutes so eloquently.

He really can work the call.

I honestly do believe that his white face, with moving white hands, poking through that open hole in the blind probably cancelled out some of the good calling. It looks like you guys shot plenty. I'd bet that they'd have decoyed in much better if the calling face was not protruding out of the blind like that.

Chris

The guy on the call was Josh Neuwiller.
    http://www.duck-goosecalls.com/josh_neuwiller.asp

Josh guides with Shore thing outfitters and that is who refer my clients to that come in for goose hunts.

His face didnt flare any geese. They have shot 19 limits out of the last 20 hunts.

Awesome--good job on the honks.
    John Stroh, Lodi ca

There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace…........If one has cut, split, hauled, and piled his own good oak, and let his mind work the while, he will remember much about where the heat comes from, and with a wealth of detail denied to those who spend the weekend in town astride a radiator.

Aldo Leopold

p_3_618x332.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by j towne View Post

Josh guides with Shore thing outfitters and that is who refer my clients to that come in for goose hunts.

His face didnt flare any geese. They have shot 19 limits out of the last 20 hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernstorm View Post
    I wish I could grow a beard like that. But the Chief wouldnt like it much. Something about getting a tight seal on my face piece in a fire.

That explains why he sounded so good on the Shoreman......

Great calling! My dog was sitting next to me while I watched that and I had to turn the volume down, he was starting to get excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    Sean Mann is a good guy and I'm really happy to see someone working one of his flutes so eloquently.

He really can work the call.

I honestly do believe that his white face, with moving white hands, poking through that open hole in the blind probably cancelled out some of the good calling. It looks like you guys shot plenty. I'd bet that they'd have decoyed in much better if the calling face was not protruding out of the blind like that.

Chris
    I don't know if those guys would have shot into that big group but by and large guys that repeatedly hunt the same spots out here don't. I know at least one pit you'd get thrown out of permanently if you did!
    Darrin Greene

Congrats on the hunt. Our CT season ended Tuesday but we finished our season down in Marlyand on the eastern shore last weekend we got into some good duck shoots as well as our goose limits. Both our guides were on Sean's field staff and used the flute. I enjoy watching those guys work that shoreman. Great stuff.

I know Josh. I've competed with him and judged him. He's a really good caller. I did mention that plenty of geese were shot. I'm not disputing that limits were shot. Josh's sounds add a true realism to the setting. But his shiny face protruding through the hole in the blind with his hands moving takes some of that realism out.

I always enjoyed watching and listening to Josh work a shoreman call. (He's also decent on a single reed duck call, as you'd expect)