The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thur Aft with TY

Default Thur Aft with TY

Keeping it alot more fun, less sends before a break, more love and enthusiasm and better ground. He's running now, this is our 3rd session with same results.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AST89ECVExE

Here are a few marks, single's and double's. It was -29 with the wind chill it froze my phone right dead.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssfRzPVFEUg

Not to be rude but how about a single thread for Ty?

I only watched the first video so far. Get you arm straight up in the air. It looks like you are giving the heil hilter sign with your arm out in front of you at about a 45 degree angle. Again, at 10 ft no big deal but at 100 yds your arm would completely blend in with your body. Straight up as if to knock your baseball cap off by striking the bill. If you were wearing one that is. You're holding your cast longer which is good.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post
    I only watched the first video so far. Get you arm straight up in the air. It looks like you are giving the heil hilter sign with your arm out in front of you at about a 45 degree angle. Again, at 10 ft no big deal but at 100 yds your arm would completely blend in with your body. Straight up as if to knock your baseball cap off by striking the bill. If you were wearing one that is. You're holding your cast longer which is good.

Thanx Wayne, i thought i was throwing it straight up but will monitor my movements.... You'll notice i slowed it down considerably and reall softened up my commands to a whisper.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    Not to be rude but how about a single thread for Ty?
    Not to be rude but dont click on it if you have no constructive critiscm to make, you are not being forced to click or watch.... Silly me i thought this was a place for people like me to learn.

Thank you to all that have offered great advice both openly and in PM's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Bird View Post
    Not to be rude but dont click on it if you have no constructive criticism to make, you are not being forced to click or watch.... Silly me i thought this was a place for people like me to learn.

Thank you to all that have offered great advice both openly and in PM's.
    Paul is one of the good guys, Jay. And I'm sure he's as eager to help as anyone. But it would be easier to keep up with Ty's progress on a single thread.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

Jay-Bird,

I think Happy was just asking if you could put all the updates and videos under a single thread so it's easier to follow his and your progress.

I don't think he was saying to limit the videos or updates on you and your dog.

I know I have enjoyed and learn a lot from videos people post and the comments. So keep posting please but a single thread would make it easier to follow your progress.

RTF is gets very cluttered. Think a year or two down the road. You want to go back and view a video you posted so you search and you get a result for almost three posts a week. I commented similar to Waybe about his Pirate threads. If you search Pirate with a video in mind, you won't find it because there are so many posts containing Pirate it's all lost in the dark and scary search jungle. Put it on one single thread and all you've got to do is remember the age of your dog. i.e. You know you did "X" video when pup was about 3 months old. Go to date in your thread that corresponds with 3 month old dog and you have your video located.

Not to mention, I was watching Wayne's videos and there were about 4 of his threads active all at the same time. I wanted to ask a question about a specific video without having to go watch all four videos again to figure out which one I was recalling when I was out working with a pup. Does that make any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    RTF is gets very cluttered. Think a year or two down the road. You want to go back and view a video you posted so you search and you get a result for almost three posts a week. I commented similar to Waybe about his Pirate threads. If you search Pirate with a video in mind, you won't find it because there are so many posts containing Pirate it's all lost in the dark and scary search jungle. Put it on one single thread and all you've got to do is remember the age of your dog. i.e. You know you did "X" video when pup was about 3 months old. Go to date in your thread that corresponds with 3 month old dog and you have your video located.

Not to mention, I was watching Wayne's videos and there were about 4 of his threads active all at the same time. I wanted to ask a question about a specific video without having to go watch all four videos again to figure out which one I was recalling when I was out working with a pup. Does that make any sense?

My apologies I will try to load all videos in one thread this eve or wknd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Bird View Post
    My apologies I will try to load all videos in one thread this eve or wknd.
    No apology needed. I don't make any rules around here and what I said is just my own opinion. I think just having one thread to follow the progression of a dog makes a lot more sense than a new post over and over day after day. Have fun- good luck-