The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: What just happened ? older lab

Default What just happened ? older lab

So age is catching up and it just slammed us in the face. There is nothing medically wrong with Buddy. According to the vet and we just went he is in great shape for a lab of any age.
    The wild field kid should not be the one that decided cold wet rain sucks. He used to love rain. But he has suddenly been the one that is first back in. I know in my head everything is fine with an 8 1/2 year old high powered dog.
    Old age sucks!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Yes it is difficult to see the muzzle get gray, the stride shortens and slows but the knowledge in those older eyes makes it all worth wild. I would never exchange the journey that Meg has put me on. She turns 10 this Oct. and still wants to train and hunt but she has less tolerance for the colder weather and water so we go when it is "nicer" out. She is still my Little Red Dawg from Vermont.
    Margo Ellis

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
    ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

In All Thy Ways Acknowledge Him And He Shall Direct Thy Paths. Proverbs 3:6

Yes it is difficult to see the muzzle get gray, the stride shortens and slows
    You have never spoken truer words Margo. My avatar dog just turned 9 and I've seen the first of the slow down. She still loves the game and isn't slow, but I've seen the beginning of the end and I don't like it.

I am truely wondering how many more dogs I'll be able to bury. I see the exuberance of my 12 month old and smile, so I haven't reached my limit yet. But it's still way sad.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013