The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nafc fc afc fourleaf's ice breaker

Quote Originally Posted by tank47 View Post
    the mother is red cedar's mesa vista, she has no titles but was told is a great hunter and was goin to run trails and such bt the original owner had to give it up. im goint to working with mickie strandburg, ,my main goal is a good hunt dog cuz hunting is my passion but i want a dog with alot of poetntial because id like to run hunt test for sure, trials might be a lil too much, but u never kno
    I've seen a sibling to the dam run, consistent in Derby & Qual, couple AM Jams. I think you're probably fine, working with Mickey. Have fun, you're about to start a really fun ride.
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

If you can own a Buster pup as a first dog, out of one of Sky's & Grady;s daughters you will be doing well. Buster is not being bred naturally anymore, and his frozen is limited and the owner is going to be very selective on where it goes. I talked to the breeder of your litter back in December. Soon, Buster will be moving to Arizona with Pete Hayes, if he has not left already. So, the opportunity to own buster pups is limited, and one with this nice of a pedgiree is also limited.

I would jump on it if I were you.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

thanks for all the posts they really helped make this a no brainer for me now the waiting, n ur right if the dog is good mickey will make me run trials lol looking forward to working with her and learning, she is a great woman n knows her dogs for sure, thanks again everyone

Tank, I have a Buster x Gabby pup. Molly is 3 months old and is my first pure bred lab, she has been great so far (hot dog training and puppy marks). Lance was a great guy to deal with and will answer any questions as well as provide ref's to previous breedings (I talked to a previous buster x gabby breeding owner in Colorado and buster x different bitch owner from Wisconsin). If you have any pointed questions I would be able to answer, let me know.

Chris

hey chris thats great to hear. Ya ive been hearing nothing but good things about the dogs and lance himself. how is ur pup? Is she pretty mellow in the house for u? i heard these are some very smart dogs

She has been great, I'm not sure mellow is the word I would use haha. It was kind of a small world that my girlfriends family lives less than 15 min from Lance, but we are from the Chicago area. Unfortunately the streets are horrible down here with garbage so she tries to eat everything (I expected from a lab pup).

She is smart and has tons of drive. We enrolled in a local puppy class that is focused on positive marker (word not clicker), although I mainly joined for socialization. She quickly learned sit, down, kennel, and here, with minimal distractions and mostly treat rewarded. She does love people, us, others, strangers etc.

I recently joined a local retriever club, but obviously we are just starting in the game. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or I can provide my email or phone number.

Chris