The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Campaign News

Default Campaign News

Carson packed in a crowd of 12,000 in Phoenix.

Hillary packed in a crowd of ... 300 in Vegas. She was dressed in an orange jump suit. I think she might need a new wardrobe manager?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Vice President Joe Biden runs as well or better than Hillary Clintonagainst top-tier Republicans in a new Quinnipiac swing-state poll. Among general election voters in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida, Biden looks like a better bet. The veep beats Donald Trump by a commanding 10 points in Ohio, double Clinton’s margin in the same matchup. Biden also wins against former Gov. Jeb Bush, R-Fla., and comes within shot of Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., in Biden’s native Pennsylvania. Overall, the poll shows Biden in a similar position to Clinton and could be just as strong a contender for Democrats. Even better news for Biden? His trustworthiness rating hangs around 60 percent in the three states… about the same percent of voters who do not trust Clinton.
    I can't even begin to imagine Joe as the nominee. That's just me.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/...-40k-expected/

Whew! Crowd of 30-40,000 expected at Trump rally in Mobile, AL. Hillary would kill for a crowd like that.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

"I don't believe there should be any restrictions when it comes to firearms. None." Gary Johnson
    and
    "Every single figure on Mount Rushmore was a third party at one time or another, so third parties become major parties, and I think that the Libertarian Party will become the next major party." Gary Johnson

For those who may not know "Deezs Nuts" is a 15-year old boy doing a prank. I don't remember the details of how he was able to get his pseudonym into the polling stats ... but it sure is a proof positive that the "low-information voter" is NOT a myth ... or there are a lot of people with a sense of humor purposely cooperating in the polling.

Aside from that, Hillary's numbers are really hurting at this point.

It really seems that the State Dept. stonewalling on her emails (initially saying that they had no emails for Congress) eventually turned into the fiasco now playing out. Add to that her public statements sounding very lame, and that surely doesn't help the numbers either. The polls indicate that people view her as the most UNtrustworthy candidate. I think it's going to be hard to overcome that factor.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

The Trump Rally pulled an estimated 20,000. They didn't reach the most recent estimates of 30-40,000 ... but initially only 2000 were anticipated, so 20,000 ain't bad.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

From the NY Times:
    "Even if he doesn't win, he's teaching other politicians to stop being politicians. He comes on strong. He could say it gently. But I think no one would listen."JAN MANNARINO, a 65-year-old retired teacher in Michigan who drove an hour to see Donald J. Trump speak this month, on his candidacy.
    Interesting that even the NY Times can't ignore the Trump phenomenom. Interesting, too, is that this would be a union member that is quoted here.

Also kind of interesting, is that Carson is saying many of the same things as Trump, but is doing so "gently", and people are also listening to him.

In polls, they have often been asking the question about "likability" of the candidates; and about whether the candidate "cares about people like me". Yet, I have not seen a polling of those two questions on Carson. I'd have to believe that his life story and persona would have him scoring high on those two questions.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I can't even begin to imagine Joe as the nominee. That's just me.
    I agree. It is my personal opinion that Joe was selected as vice president because the idea of him as president would scare off any would be assassins. So far it seems to have worked.
    "Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I agree. It is my personal opinion that Joe was selected as vice president because the idea of him as president would scare off any would be assassins. So far it seems to have worked.
    As I recall, Biden was "theoretically" chosen because of his ostensible experience with international relations, an area where Obama was perceived as weak. However, Joe has always been in the background on everything, including international relations.

As with many VP selections, I believe he was simply chosen as a vote-getter. Even here in PA, Ole Joe was viewed as "likable".
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...inks-key-gaps/

This piece doesn't say who did this poll. I find it hard to believe that Trump does this well with minority groups.

OTOH, I do smile thinking that BOTH the Dem and Rep establishments must be like deer caught in the headlights when they see stuff like this. I don't know if Trump could actually be elected POTUS, or whether he should be, or whether he could actually handle the job ... but he sure is rocking the boat.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com