The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Debt, a visual aid

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    & who set the price in 1913?
    I don't know, why don't you tell us.

I do know that since the beginning of the Fed in 1913, the dollar has done nothing but lose value!

Just saw this photo over on the Crony Capitalism website
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I don't know, why don't you tell us.

I do know that since the beginning of the Fed in 1913, the dollar has done nothing but lose value!
    To the best of my knowledge & I don't follow it as you & your hero should if you are in the criticism mode. Until the mid-60's AG & AU were used in coinage with the rate set by the government. Ask a numismatistm they would probably know.

As for the dollar losing value, relative to what? If you're going to make the statement back it with something more than your opinion.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

http://www.measuringworth.com/ppowerus/

What's the matter Marv, becomng forgetful?

Just look at how much more everything cost today compared to the past. Or, try taking a trip abroad(outside of the USA or Mexico) and see what the dollar will get you. Warning, don't go to northern Europe unless you bring the dollar in big drums because it won't buy you much! How about $28 US dollars for a draught bier in the Netherlands because they don't have any value in the dollar.

Last edited by Franco; 01-23-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org