The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Opening G2 Transmitter Battery?

Default Opening G2 Transmitter Battery?

Has anyone opened the battery compartment to have the batteries replaced? They battery component is no longer available anywhere and I am hoping Batteries Plus can simply open, design and replace.

How did you open it without a sledge hammer?

Thank you,
    Erik
    KARMA - The return on your entries will increase the sooner you decide to contribute one of your weekends to be in the judge's chair and judge others who have done the same for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawthorpe View Post
    Has anyone opened the battery compartment to have the batteries replaced? They battery component is no longer available anywhere and I am hoping Batteries Plus can simply open, design and replace.

How did you open it without a sledge hammer?

Thank you,
    Erik
    Take the hit, get what you can on trade in from Collar Clinic and buy a new G3 transmitter.

I have. Used a drimmel tool. The battery inside can be replaced for about $12. One choice is a Powerizer 7.2v 800mah it fits nicely. http://www.batteryspace.com/7.2V-800...-prewired.aspx The trick will be is making the connection to the circuit board on the old battery. My suspicions are the board is just overcharge protection and not needed if you have the option of charging outside of the cradle. I have charged the new battery with a Intellicharger i4. Making the connection to the transmitter will be my next challenge. I plan on taking it to a circuit board expert who can make the connections properly and reliably. It can be worked around I am sure. Fortunately I have another transmitter to use and in no hurry. BTW the positive side is the left side facing the front of the battery and transmitter. Battery plus can help make the connections?
    Last edited by tpaschal30; 07-01-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Take the hit, get what you can on trade in from Collar Clinic and buy a new G3 transmitter.
    I agree.

When the receiver batteries are no longer available, it'll be time to worry about how to open up the battery packs and replace the cells.

Hopefully, by the time that happens, I'll have at least one that's gone TU, and I'll be able to show and tell how I rebuilt it.
    Considering the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity". -Unknown