RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Hello

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Jen Marenich 
#1 ·
Hi, introducing myself. My name is Jen. I have two male black labs, and soon will have a third. Lots of good info on here from people who have experienced a lot. Not sure how often I'll be on here, or if I'll be able to contribute much, but here I am.

#3 ·
Okay, I'll do a little better introduction, after all, I want some of you guys to think I'm okay in case I ever need some advice;) I have been training dogs for about 10 years. I have a lot of background in competition obedience and agility. Some in Hunt tests, both AKC and HRC. I used to work at a dog training facility here in Bay City, but it was primarily pet training and it wasn't what I was into. used to instruct public obedience classes which drove me absolutely crazy.

Ben (About Time Ben) is the first dog I've ever had, who started this whole adventure. He was a lucky find in the newspaper, before I knew any better. He is now 11 1/2 years old and Semi-retired. His accomplishments are this: HRC Hunting Retriever title (1 pass toward HRCH which I don't know if we'll finish due to his age... he still loves to do the work, but I think his eyes aren't quite what they used to be) UKC Utility Dog, Grand Agility Champion, Rally Obedience Champion, AKC Senior Hunter, Utility Dog, Agility Excellent, Master Excellent Jumper, Rally Excellent. Also one hell of a hunting dog. He has taught me a lot. I used to question whether an e-collar was necessary, even though I wasn't against them. Ben taught me how valuable a tool it can be. So don't think that because I have a background in agility/obedience I am against anything not "Positive Training"

My second dog is Kona (Ironpaws Black Rock Time To Dream) I am going to do obedience and agility with him. But would really like to try playing the field trial game. I won't send the dogs out to a trainer because I enjoy working with them myself and having them around. That is why I got them.

Third dog (no name picked out yet) will be joining the pack this weekend.

Hope that's a little more background on me that some of you may find interesting.

#4 ·
Welcome to the gang of thugs that we are...:) Enjoy- you could get hooked and spend way too much time on here... not that I or anyone else knows anything about that...;)

#5 ·
Welcome to RTF and have fun with your dogs!
Based on where you live if you want to get started in field trials maybe send a message to these folks and ask to meet up with them. They may be south for the winter now but I'm fairly certain they will help you get started on the right foot!
YBS Media
aka Barb & Jerry

#6 ·
Thanks a bunch I will contact them. They are probably only about an hour from me.

#7 ·
Welcome to RTF. Sounds like you are dog addicted already........LOL

#8 ·
Yeah, I guess you could say I am pretty much dog addicted already. I guess I could have worse addictions though. Particularly a sucker for black lab pups with nice pedigrees.;)

#12 ·
And you are very valuable, you are great help at a field test/training/trial....you are a great blind planter and bird thrower! You will be in a group in no time! Who's this third one?
Sarah
Hey! The third one is a puppy we are picking up this weekend. We found him on here. Mom is Labs Unlimited Delicate Balance UD MH MX MXJ, Dad is FC AFC Westshore Buddy. We enjoy Little Kona so much, and he was such an "easy" puppy we decided to get another! Hopefully we get another good one! I think we will ;) So excited!

#11 ·
Welcome and it's a healthy addiction!;)

#14 ·
Do you know who the owner is? I've gotten in touch with one of them already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.