The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: bird dryer idea, what do you think?

The one Shawn linked to is out of stock, and I don't need anything that big. They have a smaller, 4-legged model, though:

Here's a pic and link to the one Shawn pointed out:

Not sure I like having to assemble it, I will lose pieces! But like the no-pinchy finger problem. Are these Butch Green?
    Renee P

Hey gdgnyc, what's gdg mean?

Quote Originally Posted by gdgnyc View Post
    Big bird dryer. gdgnyc, Chessies, continental shoot.

Renee P

Renee PM sent...
    God, Family, Country & LSU Football.

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    The smaller, 4-legged model,

?

is this to let the cat pee drip off?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

The big 1 only has a total of 5 pieces ,Main frame, 2 legs and 2 quick pins. No matter what it is ,if it has quick pins I use zip ties to keep them attached to something else on the item they are used for.

I cant tell by the pic but it looks like the smaller may have 4 detachable legs. I would drill small holes just big enough for a zip tie to fit through, just below where the quick pins go and they will stay attached to the legs or main frame.

I agree with Steve that the tri-pod style type I 've only seen at tests/trials and they seem to be top heavy unless the ground is perfect. JMO
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

BCR's Born to Boogie "Boogie" (FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus" X HR Big Creek Retrivers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy")

I think the smaller one only has 3 pieces. Pin at the cross piece holds legs in place in position shown. Pull the pin rotate legs to sit flat with the bird holders and reinsert pins to hold it there. Stores flat like a winger. Not positive that's the way it works but if not that's the way it should.

Someone told me that you get points when you enter events through Entry Express, that you can use to buy stuff from Dogs Afield. Is that true? How does it work? I looked around and found nothing.

I have entered a few events through EE, it says says my account balance is $0.00, if that means anything.
    Renee P

Ok, I just took the plunge and ordered the small one. No one tell me anything bad about it now!

I talked to Dogs Afield, these are made by BG. The large ones should be available again in a week or so.

The EE point thing stopped years ago. So much for my sources!
    Renee P

Senior Member Elliott Labradors's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by erik nilsson View Post
    here are a couple of photos of what our club uses, of course you can make one on a smaller scale

]
    Attachment 10872

[attach=config]10873[/attach

For Hunt test, I have a 5' x 10' kennel at our farm under one of the shelters that we bulk dry ducks on Saturday afternoon so they will be ready for Sunday morning. We put them in the kennel to keep the critters out and have a big fan blow on them over night. We've been using 2x4's with screws spaced to form a slot for hanging them by their heads. These 2x4's are cut at the proper length to hook on each side of these wire welded kennels. Having a bulk drying location is much simpler than tearing down all the dryers from the line and moving them to the overnight drying location.
    My question is this.....The gap in the 2x4's in this picture to hang them by the bills looks like a good idea...what is the distance in this gap?

Thanks,
    Wally
    Elliott's Amazing Grace Of Diamond E MH, CGC
    HRCH Elliott's Rockin' Roxy MH, CGC
    HR Elliott's Carolina Thorne MH, CGC
    Elliott's Dixie Lou MH
    Elliott's Carolina Duchess MH, CGC
    Elliott's Armbrook Go Tell It On The Mountain JH
    Elliott's Armbrook Lilly Of The Valley JH
    Elliott's Armbrook Set My Soul Afire JH
    Elliott's Armbrook Living By Faith JH

www.ElliottLabradors.com

America would be a different place at sundown if we all started with a devotion at sunup! Wally Elliott

Dog's Afield called me back, apparently the small one (top pic) is now styled like the large (lower pic). In case anyone else is wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post

Renee P