The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *GDG* I am bummed - but it's not so bad *GDG*

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post

Our cumulative vet bill for Q4 2012 and Q1 2013 is getting comical at this point.
    I feel your pain. When I do taxes this year, I'm not looking at my dog category, I might get sick. I have one with me right now 5 days out of TPLO. Thankfully, he's doing great. In fact, too well. He needs to calm down.

So sorry about your dogs and those of Dr Smith. I can't imagine the latter. It would be devastating. My heart goes out to him.

Sue Puff
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

Sorry to hear about poor Bus and hope he heals quickly. I have a female that has had several eye injuries over the years. The vet and I think that she doesn't use her third eyelid fast enough! Some dogs are just more accident prone. Hope you have a wonderful hunt anyway!

My thoughts and prayers go out to Dr. Smith and his family. Such tragedies unfortunately do remind us to not dwell on the small set backs. I wish Bus a quick recovery. Enjoy your friends and good hunting.
    "The Bluebills Died at Dawn", thank you Gordon MacQuarrie.

I like my dogs black, wet and with a dead duck in their mouth!

Mine failed the dye test back in the summer. Doc believes a stick or dry grass stuck in the eye did it. The good news is it does heal completely. Since my dog only has one eye it was kinda scarey.