The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: interesting article in Shotgun Life

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    Seen DP the other day with a clicker on his wrist. Throws rock, "BACK" with his perfect timing the second his dog hit the water I hear the "clicker" and dog popped right in time for DP tossing him a cookie to catch in his mouth on the way to the blind. Amazing stuff.
    He may have stumbled on to something hmm worth looking at the program.
    Earl Dillow

Quote Originally Posted by Criquetpas View Post
    He may have stumbled on to something hmm worth looking at the program.
    I have a clicker in development the size of an ATV, that sounds like a Volkswagen backfiring. It should work great on AA blinds.

The real secret of the program is to use bigger rocks for longer blinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shaver View Post
    Hey dont laugh.
    Before I knew anything about this stuff that is how I taught my dog to handle without even knowing it. After throwing rocks for awhile my dog would take my cast without a rock. I thought hey this is cool and could come in handy. That dog turned out to handle pretty well just by calling his name and casting him. Thought I had invented something.

Oh I wasn't laughing at the pile of rocks, was laughing with them . In the early days I too had a pocket of rocks when my meager handling skills didn't get the job done. Used to tie em up in the blind too.
    Earl Dillow

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Plesko View Post
    I have a clicker in development the size of an ATV, that sounds like a Volkswagen backfiring. It should work great on AA blinds.

The real secret of the program is to use bigger rocks for longer blinds.
    This is getting interesting . A new program in the making?
    Earl Dillow

years ago I was marshal of an akc junior test water series on a sunday afternoon down at Dead Creek were you all have been. one of the judges asked me to have ready a pick up dog and we had nothing. it was Sunday afternoon after all. so I made the rounds among the parked trucks and gave him a small pail of rocks and said in a loud voice "here is your pick up dog!"

and yes a few handlers did have to ask for the judge to toss a "pick up rock"

hey, we got through the day right?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    years ago I was marshal of an akc junior test water series on a sunday afternoon down at Dead Creek were you all have been. one of the judges asked me to have ready a pick up dog and we had nothing. it was Sunday afternoon after all. so I made the rounds among the parked trucks and gave him a small pail of rocks and said in a loud voice "here is your pick up dog!"

and yes a few handlers did have to ask for the judge to toss a "pick up rock"

hey, we got through the day right?

Saw this more than once at club trials back in the early 80's...some even ask the gallery to toss one once in awhile.......Steve S
    "Your dog learns as much by doing his work right,by your praise and encouragement, as he does by your displeasure and correction." DLWalters