The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: US Inauguration

Default US Inauguration

Just watching US inauguration. Really quite a sight! Always amazing!Love seeing all of the buildings. So magnificant! You all Americans can be proud of the event.
    I know some are not for Obama; but today the inauguration is different. It is something that is more than political-it is tradition. A little coming together of sides. One day!!! And then it is politics as usual!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Uh huh!!!!

paul ryan booed by inauguration crowd
    posted: 01/21/2013 10:56 am est | updated: 01/21/2013 1:06 pm est

if things had gone differently in november, rep. Paul ryan (r-wis.) might have departed the capitol on monday as the vice president of the united states. Instead, he faced a chorus of boos as he left the building to attend president barack obama's second inauguration ceremony.ryan announced last week that he would be present for obama's public swearing in at the capitol, calling it his "obligation."

ryan served as gop presidential nominee mitt romney's running mate during the 2012 election cycle. Though they came up short in their loss to obama and vice president joe biden, he was reelected to his wisconsin congressional seat in november.

Last edited by road kill; 01-21-2013 at 03:14 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Uh huh!!!!
    Did not see it but heard on the radio he got booed right after Obama called for stopping of name calling and being more civil.

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    Did not see it but heard on the radio he got booed right after Obama called for stopping of name calling and being more civil.
    It's who they are.....what they do!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lynn Metras View Post
    Just watching US inauguration. Really quite a sight! Always amazing!Love seeing all of the buildings. So magnificant! You all Americans can be proud of the event.
    I know some are not for Obama; but today the inauguration is different. It is something that is more than political-it is tradition. A little coming together of sides. One day!!! And then it is politics as usual!
    Pomp, Circumstance & they believe themselves more like royalty with each passing inaugration . Last week there was an order signed for lifelong SS protection for GWB & the present POTUS. Harry Truman lived like a normal person, said I am no longer the POTUS, congress forced him to accept $25K per year to cover his assistants to answer his mail. The truly good old days!!!!!!!!!

I don't watch because I know what's in store!!!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Nope, I wanted to vomit. As for seeing the buildings been there done that. Don't ever take a wrong turn and get lost in DC for even 5 minutes. YOU WILL FEAR FOR YOUR LIFE IN BROAD DAYLIGHT!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Washington is by no means a perfect city, but it IS a great one, and I am looking for an excuse to go again. I also hope to be present for an inauguration parade and ceremony someday. With all of the civil war and internally-caused death and destruction by peoples' own governments, I am very proud of my country even with its faults and foibles and serious mis-steps.

Perhaps I am overly optimistic, but I would think that most citizens would express some version of this sentiment.

(horribly disappointed in this and a few other presidents, but the process does move them out in an almost-timely fashion!)
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    It's who they are.....what they do!!!
    Sure sounds like more "boos" to me. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift