The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: North Face White Rain Jacket

Here in the Great Northwet. (typo intentional), I've gone to wearing my rain gear in whatever color that I have and wearing a cheap white coat over it. When I get home I throw it the dryer and its ready for the next day.
    Warm and dry underneath regards.
    DP

Best jacket for "wet" weather I've ever owned has been a REI shell. It's very stretchy and stays dry except when it actually, "Rains". I've washed and dryed it a million times and it's as good as day one. $150. My Brother got it from his buddy who is VP of purchasing at REI so, I got it free. I think they only come in green and grey now. Mines 4 years old in black. I just throw on a cheap white handlers jacket over it or my GoreTex camo.

PVC isn't my first choice either except when movement is minimal. Being wet when it's 33 degrees outside and pouring down rain isn't much fun. No jacket except a PVC will keep you dry in those conditions. I typically only wear them when I'm off shore or steelhead fishing and not doing a lot of walking/moving around.

I got these on sale a few months ago for $39. They are the most comfortable rain pants I've ever had. Outdoor Emporium/Sportco had them on sale for $39.00.
    http://www.bing.com/shopping/grunden...ants&FORM=HURE
    Last edited by Paul "Happy" Gilmore; 01-22-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Hey Dave, how about that? Paul wearing white. Next thing he'll be running a black dog!

Back to the thread. I have an old Columbia Ibex white jacket. If it gets real wet then I go to my Gundersun jacket and bibs.
    Jeff Gruber
    working on pelts
    Duckponds Prize Package
    CK'S Contessa (avatar)
    Ice Chilled Juice

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    PVC isn't my first choice either except when movement is minimal. Being wet when it's 33 degrees outside and pouring down rain isn't much fun. No jacket except a PVC will keep you dry in those conditions. I typically only wear them when I'm off shore or steelhead fishing and not doing a lot of walking/moving around.
    PVC is perfect for a FT as it's not an active sport! Back when Samish had their spring trial at the refinery property & Lake Terrell in March was a good test of rain wear - pre Gore Tex . What always amazed me is that they could get folks willing to stand in the rain for 3 days to judge the dogs, talk about above & beyond the call. One has never lived until they have had a drop of Lake Terrell rain on the back of their neck & down their spine in March.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    I have a set of those but they do not breath!
    That is exactly what she said!

I just realized that I already have this jacket, but in black, in a women's size...sadly no white in the women's cut. It is very comfy and kept me dry in the rain, but I think my backside got damp sitting in the truck after it had gotten wet. Burrr.

I have a Golden Lake rain coat in white that I haven't worn yet, it looks invincible, but I worry that I will roast wearing it on a warm but rainy day.
    Renee P

Just a quick process check-

Don't NOBODY ax Gooser what he wears in the rain- OK?

Can't unsee some tings regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Just a quick process check-

Don't NOBODY ax Gooser what he wears in the rain- OK?

Can't unsee some tings regards

Bubba
    Unfortunately, there are some pictures of him floating around with nothing but bubbles on his birthday suit....like you said...can't unsee stuff.

as a former northeast commercial fisherman , if you don't want to get wet from the rain, ( or the ocean) gets Helly Hansen or Grundens. Grundens don't come in white as far as I know
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

I own one of those North Face Venture jackets and love it. Very light-weight with vents under the armpits....Don't have white though. Might have to get one. Thanks Ed.