RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Bluebonnet/Brazosport Derby Pics

7K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  North Mountain 
#1 ·
The first set is Kenny Trott with a very nice derby dog.

This is Sharon Gierman with her RJ in the Bluebonnet derby:

More to come...

See less See more
#2 ·
This is Janet Kimbrough's derby dog Soul, a littermate to my wildman Burke. Soul jammed.

A lot of dog here:

Tim Springer and one of his derby dogs:

More later...

#4 ·
This is Dan Hurst watching Maggie and Ben cruise to blue. What's in that paper sack, Dan?

Big congrats to Ben and Maggie.

#6 ·
Danny Farmer handling Dylan at the Bluebonnet derby 3rd series:

Just before the release for the go bird:

The send:

Setting dog for the proper alignment for memory bird.

Memory bird send:

#12 ·
Great shots!! Makes me wish I was down south. :-(

I shouldn't ask, but...

...did the dog take the slice of water on the memory bird? He looks like he's "thinking right".

M

#17 ·
Nice pictures Frank.

#18 ·
Great pictures, derbys are so much fun to watch. Thank for sharing.

#19 ·
I could easily be wrong, but based on how Danny is lined up and the dog...that fallen tree sure looks like it was placed with a purpose doesn't it!?!?
My thoughts too. The branchy end keeps them from getting in to fat also kicks them to the right.

Frank, ya gotta answer Miriam's question, did the dog get honest or was he cheaty like he's kinda sorta lookin'?

Watchm, if he was cheaty, my condolences; if honest, good training!

#21 · (Edited)
Dylan did not cheat the water. The true line to the mark was through the middle of the pond. Must be the camera angle that makes him look cheaty. The branch was to deflect the dogs away from a hole on the other side of the dam. It actually forced them to be less cheaty as it turned out. It was a great set of marks.

Great photos Frank! It's almost like I was there!

#23 ·
This is a shot of the third series of the Bluebonnet Derby. Should clarify some of the previous comments and questions. And as Tom said, no, Dylan did not cheat.

#25 ·
#26 · (Edited)
This sequence was taken of Kirk Wichman in the first series of the Bluebonnet derby. Notice where the dog is in relation to the mat from the time the birds start going off until she is released.

fp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.