The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soothsayer of the Western World

Default Soothsayer of the Western World

The last two weeks should go down as a period of vindication for former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney and earn him the nickname, “soothsayer of the Western World” — a modern-age Nostradamus.
    On Jan. 14, Chrysler’s CEO acknowledged that Jeeps would be built in China, confirming a statement that unfairly earned Romney the moniker “liar of the year.”.......

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/01/20/is-mitt-romney-the-new-nostradamus-15715
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

From your link
    Referring to the right to bear arms, Romney told convention-goers, “If we are going to safeguard our Second Amendment, it is time to elect a president who will defend the rights President Obama ignores or minimizes. I will.”
    Really, that's a quote from a guy who wanted all "assault rifles" banned, that's the guy who we should look to to safeguard the Second Amendment.

Imagine that the first response from the Mitt hater. You really think he would have put in place the EO's that President has put forth? And please you can spare us the broken record you keep playing over and over.

Just like I tell my kids, haters gonna hate..................
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    Imagine that the first response from the Mitt hater. You really think he would have put in place the EO's that President has put forth? And please you can spare us the broken record you keep playing over and over.

It was funny that the author was trying to portray Mitt as a supporter of the Second Amendment when he is clearly not. I voted for Mitt because of his other believes, Mitt's belief that all assault weapons should be banned make Mitt a second amendment hater, and me not like that aspect of the him.

The last two weeks should go down as a period of vindication for former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney and earn him the nickname, “soothsayer of the Western World” — a modern-age Nostradamus.
    On Jan. 14, Chrysler’s CEO acknowledged that Jeeps would be built in China, confirming a statement that unfairly earned Romney the moniker “liar of the year.”.......

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/01/...tradamus-15715
    As I understand it they are building Jeeps in China for the Chinese market. That is very reasonable. Toyota builds Toyotas here for the US market because it is cheaper to do so. As I understand it, while Toyota has no unions for its workers, those workers receive wages and benefits that compare favorably to the unionized companies. So, it is not only union labor costs that make it cheaper to build the cars here.

So, Romney was correct about Jeeps being built in China ... but it was not the big "sin" that some might have interpreted it to be. Nor was he a liar. The opposition party made more outrageous ads than that; and more of them. Too bad the Romney campaign didn't make ads about totally true things that were important.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    As I understand it they are building Jeeps in China for the Chinese market. That is very reasonable. Toyota builds Toyotas here for the US market because it is cheaper to do so. As I understand it, while Toyota has no unions for its workers, those workers receive wages and benefits that compare favorably to the unionized companies. So, it is not only union labor costs that make it cheaper to build the cars here.

So, Romney was correct about Jeeps being built in China ... but it was not the big "sin" that some might have interpreted it to be. Nor was he a liar. The opposition party made more outrageous ads than that; and more of them. Too bad the Romney campaign didn't make ads about totally true things that were important.

Oh Good Lord Gerrry, you are a girl, don't bring any rational fact driven post to POTUS. It would be the biggest sin to do so........
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

He is a lover of the current POTUS .

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    It was funny that the author was trying to portray Mitt as a supporter of the Second Amendment when he is clearly not. I voted for Mitt because of his other believes, Mitt's belief that all assault weapons should be banned make Mitt a second amendment hater, and me not like that aspect of the him.
    You keep saying that but your posts do not reflect same . Believes is not the plural of belief, it is hard to take someone very seriously who comes across as somewhat illiterate!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    He is a lover of the current POTUS .

You keep saying that but your posts do not reflect same . Believes is not the plural of belief, it is hard to take someone very seriously who comes across as somewhat illiterate!!!
    Thank you grammar police. I'm amazed that your political aspirations fizzled out at the school board level.

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Oh Good Lord Gerrry, you are a girl, don't bring any rational fact driven post to POTUS. It would be the biggest sin to do so........
    ) ... thank you, Tim. I'll take that as a compliment.

My son works for Toyota, as a technical service advisor to dealerships. That is what Toyota tells him ... that it's cheaper to build the cars here for the US market. Handy that it also makes a good marketing point ... I seriously doubt they would have sat down and said, "Okay, it'll cost $100 more to build those cars in the US, but we'll look like heroes in marketing that we build the cars in the US."
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    ) ... thank you, Tim. I'll take that as a compliment.

My son works for Toyota, as a technical service advisor to dealerships. That is what Toyota tells him ... that it's cheaper to build the cars here for the US market. Handy that it also makes a good marketing point ... I seriously doubt they would have sat down and said, "Okay, it'll cost $100 more to build those cars in the US, but we'll look like heroes in marketing that we build the cars in the US."
    Don't you think it would be cheaper to have them built in Mexico? I believe marketing is the reason they are being built here, and it has been very effective.