The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Making Schools Safer

Default Making Schools Safer

Chuck Norris, writing for Townhall.com, suggests we copy the Israeli model. There are armed guards at every school, and a %-age of teachers are armed and trained to use their guns.

Regarding a solution to reduce the rash of U.S. school shooting sprees, Oren Shemtov -- CEO of Israel's Academy of Security and Investigation and one of 16 people in Israel authorized to train those who instruct school guards, which he has done for 22 years -- recently told Fox News that "gun-toting teachers could, at the very least, buy time for kids to escape while police race to the scene." Shemtov explained, "Two (armed) teachers would have kept (the Newtown, Conn., shooter) occupied for 45 seconds each."

He further added in reflection of school security in Israel, "At one point, the Interior Ministry mandated that a certain percentage of teachers be armed, but ... due to increased terror attacks, private guards were mandated at all schools." He said the two most important keys to defending children at schools anywhere are armed guards and armed teacher response teams.
    He also makes a good point about the fact that we put armed guards in so many other places ... even libraries, national monuments, and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Why have we skipped over schools based on the times we live in? Is it just a matter of time before some terrorists realize what havoc they can wreak in "gun free zones"?

Norris's own approach to home safety:
    Tell me this: If various robbers repeatedly storm-trooped your house and stabbed your loved ones, would you try to rally Washington to minimize the production and distribution of butcher knives or simply post a sign outside your front door like the one I have outside mine, which has a picture of a gun and the words "We don't call 911"?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Clear some pms oops I mean pm's.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Just use the email address in my signature. I find the PMs cumbersome, so I just let mail box fill up
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.