The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I knew nothiiiinkkk!!!

Hillary is a...........rhymes with RUNT.
    Just Win

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Franco, you are just plain FULL OF CRAP!!!

Everyone knows it.

Aa a matter of semantics, I never said this.
    "Maybe you should go back to accusing Hillary of inflicting that concussion and brain blood clot on herself."

You accused me of saying something, I NEVER SAID, and accuse me of hiding behind semantics.

Pathetic.
    The truth too much for you? Do you really think people can control the TIMING of when they get blood clots in the brain?

I noticed how you've stayed away from those threads that I revived. But, I will admit that your comments weren't as hateful as some others.

I don't care for Hillary either, but I wouldn't stoop to the lowness of some of those comments, others worse than yours. I for one am not afraid to call a spade a spade and I see the ugly in both the Dems and the Repubs! To think that one is better than the other is folly!

P S

I'll interpret the personal attacks as your lack of being able to defend your comments.
    Last edited by Franco; 01-23-2013 at 08:12 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

You do know that the story of troops being told to stand down has been denied by an active General and various intellegence agencies?
    Let's make it simpler ... An American ambassador is being attacked. Some former SEALs try to help him. Have they refuted the story that the SEALs were told NOT to go the aid of the ambassador?

The SEALs call for immediate support. I don't think anyone has denied that they asked for support, have they? Who is responsible for deciding that support is not sent?

The CIA has said they sent messages within an hour (or 1/2 hour?) of the attack beginning. Hillary has said that she was in touch with the crisis all night, throughout govt. If there were no delays, exactly what were they doing during the time that this was going on? I could make a vulgar suggestion here, but I won't. Were they just watching the live video feed saying, "OMG, OMG,"? There can be no question that there should be protocols in place for situations like this that should have had a "rescue" operation in action automatically; or at the very least at a "go" command from the right person (whoever that may be; we don't know).

If she was also in touch with the Libyan govt, and there were no delays or denials, then the obfuscation of needing Libyan approval for a rescue should be a moot point.

There is also no question that there is support at Sigonella ... but it wasn't used. That doesn't even address the question of why Stevens went to Benghazi anyhow. He knew it wasn't safe, even if Hillary insists she didn't know that since she didn't receive any of the requests for additional security. One would have to be pretty far out in left field not to know that the place was dangerous given the Libyan chaos.

There is really no way to cover the odor coming from this steaming mess ... that is for those who know that Ben Gazi is not the name of the guy who made an offensive video.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Gerry, I was watching Fox News earlier tonight just because of your post regading that Fox was still suggesting that troops were avialable in a timely manner to rescue. I was expecting to hear on Fox why these questions were not asked of Hillary today. Well, O'Reilly was talking about Byonce lip syncing her song and that was all I could take so I switched channels.

Didn't the two Seals in the area try to rescue the ambassador and were killed?

Wasn't it stated that there was no one that could have gotten to the scene in a timely manner?

Hillary screwed up, what's new? Could be why she has resigned as SOS.

Stevens was asking for additional security since mid-August and was denied.

Fox is alleging one thing and the State Dept is saying another. Hopefully, the truth will come out. In matters of Foreign Affairs, the truth seldom does.

Rand brought up an interesting subject today with the question of whether arms were being smuggled out of Libya to Turkey destined for Syria and that is why Ambassador Stevens was there. Surely Hillary would know the answer to that but she said she didn't know anything about it.

We can all speculate but, the public doesn't have nearly the information that the State Dept and Congressmen have. Lets just hope they do their jobs in this investigation. But like so many government scandels, they get swept under the rug because of a kind of gentlemen's agreement between the two parties in matter like this and much of the investigation is nothing more than a sharade. They know that the public loses interest the more it drags on.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Franco, you are just plain FULL OF CRAP!!!

Everyone knows it.

Aa a matter of semantics, I never said this.
    "Maybe you should go back to accusing Hillary of inflicting that concussion and brain blood clot on herself."

You accused me of saying something, I NEVER SAID, and accuse me of hiding behind semantics.

Pathetic.
    "I have my doubts as to the legitamcy and timing of all of this," RK 12-31-12

Hmmm....did someone just overdraw their RTF account?

''But I don't like mean people.
    So I now have 2 on ignore.
    They are both very negative and flat out mean.
    I have never seen a positive post from either of them on any subject....EVER!!!

In the bank account known as the "RTF," some folks are seriously "overdrawn."

Dayum, where did I read that?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Franco, yes the two SEALs were with the CIA in the nearby CIA compound. It was reported that they wanted to assist, but were told not to. They went anyhow, and were credited with getting some of the others at the consultate out of danger.

Sigonella is only about an hour away by air. Surely the SEALs were aware of the logistics for the support they needed. They would have known that it could be made available to them ... as long as someone gave the "go" order. There must have been communication from the CIA compound, since the CIA send a message to DC shortly after the whole thing started.

And the timeline says the firefight went on for something like 6 or 7 hours. If rescue had been dispatched from Sigonella immediately, an hour away, some of those four might have been saved. Could it be that someone didn't want anyone left alive who knew the details?

What happened to those others who escaped the consultate? They were taken away, and we've heard nothing about those survivors. Who were they? What could they tell us?

None of the perps have been found. More incompetence, or more cover-up?

We know for a fact that there were requests for additional security. For no one to take any action on that is, alone, an indictment of incompetency. If Stevens was considered such an expert on the area, why would they ignore his advice?

I think that dragging this out till the public loses interest has exactly been the plan. Unlike Watergate, there are no investigative reporters to be outraged; or with the courage to dig out the truth. It seems that politics has gotten even dirtier since Nixon, since now the media has become a party to it as well.

It occurs to me that the Clintons have their own definitions for common words. So, it is consistent to believe that Hillary has some convoluted definition of denials or delays, just as Willie has his own definition of sex.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Franco, yes the two SEALs were with the CIA in the nearby CIA compound. It was reported that they wanted to assist, but were told not to. They went anyhow, and were credited with getting some of the others at the consultate out of danger.

Sigonella is only about an hour away by air. Surely the SEALs were aware of the logistics for the support they needed. They would have known that it could be made available to them ... as long as someone gave the "go" order. There must have been communication from the CIA compound, since the CIA send a message to DC shortly after the whole thing started.

And the timeline says the firefight went on for something like 6 or 7 hours. If rescue had been dispatched from Sigonella immediately, an hour away, some of those four might have been saved. Could it be that someone didn't want anyone left alive who knew the details?

What happened to those others who escaped the consultate? They were taken away, and we've heard nothing about those survivors. Who were they? What could they tell us?

None of the perps have been found. More incompetence, or more cover-up?

We know for a fact that there were requests for additional security. For no one to take any action on that is, alone, an indictment of incompetency. If Stevens was considered such an expert on the area, why would they ignore his advice?

I think that dragging this out till the public loses interest has exactly been the plan. Unlike Watergate, there are no investigative reporters to be outraged; or with the courage to dig out the truth. It seems that politics has gotten even dirtier since Nixon, since now the media has become a party to it as well.

It occurs to me that the Clintons have their own definitions for common words. So, it is consistent to believe that Hillary has some convoluted definition of denials or delays, just as Willie has his own definition of sex.
    It seems you make a lot of assumptions based on information gleaned from the internet. Is your date a french model? Bon Jour.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

I really don't get why we didn't have either F-15's or F-18's screaming at supersonic speeds at treetop level over Benghazi. If there were F-18's in Sigonella, that's only 460 miles or about 20 minutes at high speed for an F-18 although I don't know how long they can go that fast.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I really don't get why we didn't have either F-15's or F-18's screaming at supersonic speeds at treetop level over Benghazi. If there were F-18's in Sigonella, that's only 460 miles or about 20 minutes at high speed for an F-18 although I don't know how long they can go that fast.
    Aircraft are not always a good response to a small firefight.

Was it a good idea to have an open consulate in Benghazi? Or a large international staff in a NG facility in Algeria? We have diplomatic and private industry staff placed around the globe. Is it possible to forsee every contingency and event? I don't believe so. I think that we do the best we can, but events will sometimes happen beyond our control.
    Imagine yourself as a middle level intelligence analyst in the CIA or the NSA? Thousands of reports of intelligence cross hundreds of desks in a day. What do you pass upward? What do you give credence to? Intelligence failures happen (9-11...). Not every bit of intelligence is passed on to the SOS or the POTUS. The people working those desks are just like you and me. Prone to failures.
    Was it unfortunate that the events in Libya and Algeria unfolded as they did? YES! The world is a risky place.

You can make judgements about the people who do the shadow jobs, but put yourself in their place. Your condemnation of the SOS and the POTUS, is condemnation of them, and they are much like you and me.

Making such events political does not serve us well. JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 01-24-2013 at 09:13 AM.

[QUOTE=JDogger;1059485]Aircraft are not always a good response to a small firefight.

it would have been better than they got. i agree people make mistakes and it is easy to condemn now. but once it started there should have been no holds barred, do whatever needs to be done. if there was collateral damage, too bad. if the attitude was we can't save them anyway, then kill as many of them as possible in the process.