The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I knew nothiiiinkkk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Franco, you are just plain FULL OF CRAP!!!

Everyone knows it.

Aa a matter of semantics, I never said this.
    "Maybe you should go back to accusing Hillary of inflicting that concussion and brain blood clot on herself."

You accused me of saying something, I NEVER SAID, and accuse me of hiding behind semantics.

Pathetic.
    Franco, my apologies for saying you're full of crap.
    That was out of line.

I NEVER said she self inflicted her leg/brain clot!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Aircraft are not always a good response to a small firefight.

Was it a good idea to have an open consulate in Benghazi? Or a large international staff in a NG facility in Algeria? We have diplomatic and private industry staff placed around the globe. Is it possible to forsee every contingency and event? I don't believe so. I think that we do the best we can, but events will sometimes happen beyond our control.
    Imagine yourself as a middle level intelligence analyst in the CIA or the NSA? Thousands of reports of intelligence cross hundreds of desks in a day. What do you pass upward? What do you give credence to? Intelligence failures happen (9-11...). Not every bit of intelligence is passed on to the SOS or the POTUS. The people working those desks are just like you and me. Prone to failures.
    Was it unfortunate that the events in Libya and Algeria unfolded as they did? YES! The world is a risky place.

You can make judgements about the people who do the shadow jobs, but put yourself in their place. Your condemnation of the SOS and the POTUS, is condemnation of them, and they are much like you and me.

Making such events political does not serve us well. JD
    You may be like them, but I don't think I am and I don't think the "average" American is anything like these power hungry jerks that go into public office as average Joes and become multi-millionaires... Lavishing themselves with every perk, while telling us we need to cut back... At the same time they are increasing our taxes. They surround themselves with armed guards, but want to take our guns. (To keep us safe).

No they are not like me.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Franco, my apologies for saying you're full of crap.
    That was out of line.

I NEVER said she self inflicted her leg/brain clot!!!
    First of all, you accuse me of more than just being full of crap. Second, questioning the legitamacy of the timing of the brain blood clot is the same. I don't care for Hillary either but I didn't participate in the two threads that consisted of cheap shots at Hillary.

No need in apologizing to me as long as we can ALL keep it above board.

Peace out,
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

What happened to those others who escaped the consulate? They were taken away, and we've heard nothing about those survivors. Who were they? What could they tell us?

None of the perps have been found. More incompetence, or more cover-up?.
    Gerry,

You have made some excellent points in your posts. While there are so many unanswered questions, I am focusing on these two.

1. Congress has asked, but has not been told, how many survivors, where they are, or who they are. It is obvious that the Secretary of State and the White House do not want them interviewed. We can only speculate as to what the survivors might be able to tell. My questions would be ... who was at the safe house and what was it being used for? Why was the ambassador at Benghazi ?

2. 4 months later and only 1 person was apprehended (in Tunisia) and he was let go by the Tunisians.

Helen

1/27/13 I changed my avatar. Now I am using a photo of Don with our Flyway's Long Tall Sally.
    Last edited by helencalif; 01-27-2013 at 03:56 PM.

It seems you make a lot of assumptions based on information gleaned from the internet. Is your date a french model? Bon Jour.
    The SEALs died at the compound. They were assigned to the CIA annex. I believe that has been well-documented from many sources.

I try to be polite to everyone on this Forum. If your comment was meant to be an insult to my intelligence, I commend you on your success.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

The SEALs died at the compound. They were assigned to the CIA annex. I believe that has been well-documented from many sources.

I try to be polite to everyone on this Forum. If your comment was meant to be an insult to my intelligence, I commend you on your success.
    They were not SEALS working for their country under orders. They were FORMER seals working as contract labor for a foreign security company for MONEY. They knew and understood the risks. Chris Stevens knew and understood the risks he took by being in the frontlines of the Diplomatic community. He chose that path. Please do not belittle any of these men. They were there doing what they chose to do. No one let them down. Your understanding of frontline intelligence and responces is lacking. Have you ever served in a similar situation?
    I did not imply an insult to your intelligence. Merely a challenge to your first hand experience in situations such as Bengahzi.
    BTW nothing in regards to Bengahzi has been well documented. Hence my comment with regards to relying on information gleaned from the internet. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

They were not SEALS working for their country under orders. They were FORMER seals working as contract labor for a foreign security company for MONEY. They knew and understood the risks.

I stand corrected. I did know they were "former" SEALS. In spite of the fact that they were no longer military personnel, they went to the aid of their fellow Americans in danger. I have no doubt they understood the risks.

Chris Stevens knew and understood the risks he took by being in the frontlines of the Diplomatic community. He chose that path. Please do not belittle any of these men.

I do not belittle these men in any way. I don't know how you got such an implication from any of my posts. Stevens was a civilian. He knew the risks, but he also had asked for additional security. He persevered in spite of having his requests go unanswered. All indications are that his requests were made. No one has refuted that the requests were made.

They were there doing what they chose to do. No one let them down.

I respectfully disagree. Every ambassador should expect his govt to provide adequate security. Even Hillary has admitted that the State Department had failings in this, and steps have been taken to rectify those failings. To me that says that somebody did, indeed, let Stevens down.

Your understanding of frontline intelligence and responces is lacking. Have you ever served in a similar situation?

No, I have not.

However, I find it impossible to believe that our govt/military/State Dept. does not have protocols in place for situations like this. If they don't, then it is a gross oversight. If they do, and those protocols did not function, that is just as bad, or worse. I do not have this frontline experience, but why is it not fair to expect that those in charge should have such experience? Surely they were aware of the unstable situation in the area around Benghazi?

I did not imply an insult to your intelligence.

Could of fooled me.

Merely a challenge to your first hand experience in situations such as Bengahzi.
    BTW nothing in regards to Bengahzi has been well documented.

There has been testimony from officials that could be considered "documentation" ... like the record of requests for more security, and the CIA messages that credited the incident to an AQ-related group within an hour (or half-hour) of the beginning of the incident. The only response to that testimony was that there was too much email traffic for those messages to get to the SOS. To my knowledge, that testimony has not been refuted or denied. Hillary's only response has been that the messages did not get to her.

Hence my comment with regards to relying on information gleaned from the internet. JD
    I believe that there are documented facts. One of the State Dept. officials who testified actually provided a map of the compound and notation that the intruders never entered the "safe room". Quite a lot of detail was given. Everyone has now stated that there was no "spontaneous demonstration" as a result of the obscure video.

As for getting facts from the Internet ... fewer and fewer people read news in print anymore. Broadcast news, newsprint, and internet are the way most of us get most of our news information. It can take sifting through it to find what things are unsubstantiated.

I am still wondering where the other survivors of Benghazi are ... the two former SEALS were not the only ones at the CIA annex. There were Libyan militia who were supposed to be protecting the ambassador's compound.

JD, do you really believe that there was no incompetence and/or cover-up in this whole affair? Now, Hillary and the administration are saying that AQ and/or related groups are far from "defeated" ... yet they didn't know this on Sept. 11? If that is true, then the intelligence network is really pretty bad. Personally, I think they did know, but didn't want to interfere with the campaign that was trumpeting that AQ was in retreat.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

They were not SEALS working for their country under orders. They were FORMER seals working as contract labor for a foreign security company for MONEY. They knew and understood the risks. Chris Stevens knew and understood the risks he took by being in the frontlines of the Diplomatic community. He chose that path. Please do not belittle any of these men. They were there doing what they chose to do. No one let them down. Your understanding of frontline intelligence and responces is lacking. Have you ever served in a similar situation?
    I did not imply an insult to your intelligence. Merely a challenge to your first hand experience in situations such as Bengahzi.
    BTW nothing in regards to Bengahzi has been well documented. Hence my comment with regards to relying on information gleaned from the internet. JD
    1. They were let down all right. By the very govt that sent them there and denied them security and then ignored their pleas for help.

2. Nothing has been well documented because your political heroes choose to give the American people the Proverbial Middle Finger. (See Hillary Clinton's clot impudent "testimony" before Senate and Congress)
    Bill Davis

Documentation:

But just to be clear, Clinton lied and is still lying.

When asked about the claim that the attack was sparked by a protest over a video, she responded, "I did not say ... that it was about the video for Libya."

That's simply untrue. When she stood by the caskets of the four Americans killed in Libya, she directly blamed an "awful Internet video that we had nothing to do with." Afterward, she reportedly told the father of Tyrone Woods, the former Navy SEAL who was killed in the attack, "We will make sure the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted." Why tell the man that if the video had nothing to do with it?
    This happens to be from Townhall today, but the father of one of the former SEALs attested to it publicly, as I recall.

Wouldn't this, alone, be considered perjury in front of the Congressional Committee?

It's been a while since I have viewed the ad she did for ME distribution about the insulting video story, so I don't remember if the wording artfully avoided direct mention of Benghazi ... but she certainly did apologize for the video. It might have been carefully worded to appear to refer only to the attack on the embassy in Egypt. That ad was aired after they had ample time to determine that the video was not the cause of the Benghazi event.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Documentation:

This happens to be from Townhall today, but the father of one of the former SEALs attested to it publicly, as I recall.

Wouldn't this, alone, be considered perjury in front of the Congressional Committee?

It's been a while since I have viewed the ad she did for ME distribution about the insulting video story, so I don't remember if the wording artfully avoided direct mention of Benghazi ... but she certainly did apologize for the video. It might have been carefully worded to appear to refer only to the attack on the embassy in Egypt. That ad was aired after they had ample time to determine that the video was not the cause of the Benghazi event.
    Everything that either of the Clintons say is "artfully worded"... What does it matter?
    Bill Davis