The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mats in truck box?

Quote Originally Posted by CRNAret View Post
    These are fairly rigid and when cut to fit, there is nothing for them to grab and pull up to chew on.
    Thank You!!!

I have the ones from Home Depot and the same mat has been thru several dogs. Not problem and like said before too heavy to twist up in kennel.

Quote Originally Posted by cvrsix View Post
    My box came with black rubber "task" mats cut to fit the floor. Fit is perfect, other than when dog is in box the mat slides or he gets it folded under him.

I took mat out completely and he seemed to slide around a lot.

Do you have anything on floor of dog box?

Looking for suggestions?
    I have Dura Grid flooring in my Ainley holes it is the same as Nats Mats but at half the cost with shipping and made here in the USA. I Trimmed to fit my box holes are 24" wide X 40" deep, so I ordered 8 sq ft per box and trimmed them to fit tight so there is no movement. Each tile snaps together and I used small zip ties in between each placed it snapped so when I pull them out to clean the boxes they don't unsnap.

Here is a link to the company and once you open it go to indoor uses then scroll down and click on kennel liner and the one I have in my box is the comfort title.

Greg Seddon
    CFC HRCH Gunner, Flight Interceptor SH
    Gates Smoky Mountain Treasure QAA

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Seddon View Post
    I have Dura Grid flooring in my Ainley holes it is the same as Nats Mats but at half the cost with shipping and made here in the USA. I Trimmed to fit my box holes are 24" wide X 40" deep, so I ordered 8 sq ft per box and trimmed them to fit tight so there is no movement. Each tile snaps together and I used small zip ties in between each placed it snapped so when I pull them out to clean the boxes they don't unsnap.

Here is a link to the company and once you open it go to indoor uses then scroll down and click on kennel liner and the one I have in my box is the comfort title.

Man I wish I knew this, I had a small fortune in mine.

Bath mats make great crate pads (the mats for the bathroom floor, not the tub mats). Bath mats have a non-skid underside and are a perfect size for my crates. I like the cushiony ones made out of "memory foam," whatever the heck that is. If I expect the dogs to get wet or muddy, I put a towel over the bath mat and bring extra towels for toweling off the dogs before they go into a crate and replacing wet towels in the crate with dry towels. The bath mat keeps the towel from sliding around.

After wet, muddy days, all towels go straight into the washer when I get home. After an especially wet day, the bath mats go into the washer, too.

My dogs are not chewers and I'm usually traveling with only one or two dogs. Bath mats and towels would be impractical for someone carting around a whole pack of hounds.
    Kelly Cassidy (person)

SR Maple Cassidy CDX JH RE (golden retriever)
    Alder Cassidy CDX RE (standard poodle chipmunk chaser)
    plus the "old ladies" (2 elderly mix-breed rescue girls)

Hydroturf works well. If you call them they often sell blemished product for cheap

I tried many of the kennel mats they usually end up cracked and fall apart in the cold. Now I just buy the military surplus wool blankets and put them in the kennels. Have heard mention of the memory foam bath mats from many people and I have yet to try them myself.
    Jesse

HR SHR JR'S GUNNY DOG "ERMEY"
    SR JR'S MARSH MANGLING MINDY
    JR'S LNR THICKET THRASHING TRIXIE

For me....plastic poultry flooring. Works great. Just cut to fit. Had mine now for four years. Diggers and chewers can't touch the stuff.
    B. Rea
    Wetland Retrievers