RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

If your from Maryland we are about to get screwed GDG

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Jared Hauseman 
#1 ·
#13 ·
We can all relax now - I got this via email from Maryland Governor O'Malley yesterday evening in an email announcing Junior Hunter Waterfowl day.
"...I also want to take this opportunity to address you directly about the proposal we recently introduced to reduce gun violence. Our goal is to enact common sense proposals to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals, and to try to reduce the risk of a mass shooting like the one that occurred in Newtown. Let me be clear: We are committed to protecting hunters and their traditions. That's why we specifically carved out shotguns and rifles from the licensing requirements of our bill."
Since we're now buds, I emailed him right back: " The 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting. Gun owners take no solace in your specifically carving out shotguns and rifles in your bill. And, rifles certainly ARE impacted by the language in the bill. The notion that more legislation will prevent crime is delusional - gun control legislation is to violence as the "Dream away pill" is to weight loss. Seemingly promising, easy to implement, but ultimately ineffective and a diversion from meaningful action. Only law abiding citizens will be adversely impacted by your bill - criminals will continue to evade enforcement regardless of the laws. I've read the bill and stand opposed. We need to focus on enforcement of existing laws, improve mental health care and school safety, and not be deluded and distracted with new legislation. "

#15 ·
I was going to call the senator for the area that I work/train in the other day when I first read about this. Then I thought about it, I live in Delaware, that senator is going to laugh at me because I don't vote for him. I do however test and train in Maryland, if this passes, guess I will not be driving through, testing or training, let alone hunting in Maryland.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.