The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Last Duck Hunt of the year/BEST EVER - A tragedy was averted

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Seems like the boy had a similar illness during pheasant season?.

Way to go...
    You are almost correct, Bill. He did get his first pheasant, but it was on a weekend hunt, so no illnesses were necessary.

Mark
    Mark, Peyton's Touchdown Pass (JH) and Peyton's Sun-loving Baby Bindi (Troublemaker)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    You are almost correct, Bill. He did get his first pheasant, but it was on a weekend hunt, so no illnesses were necessary.

Mark
    Pretty darn good season for him and a lifetime of memories for both of you...
    Bill Davis

Eye problem.... yep .I like it, my son will probably have eye problems on May 2 &3rd .Here is my son with a horrible fever last spring about the same time.
    2012-05-12 07.37.32-1.jpg
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Good stuff. I'm all for education but that boy will remember that hunt with his dad and dog a lot longer than he will remember anything he would have learned in school that day.

I'm jealous. I can't wait until my kids are big enough to swing a shotgun and bring down a duck!
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

Well, from the perspective of another teacher, I simply have to weigh in here. All this talk of fake illnesses and imaginary excuses just frustrates the heck out of me. I mean, how could you do that?

...especially since I'm never going to be able to pull it off because to do so, I'd have to call in sick for both my son and myself on the same day and anyone who knows me would see right through that! Color me jealous! As much as I hate kids being absent, stuff like this makes me "get it!" Heck, it even makes me more tolerant of "fake illnesses" for things that aren't as noble as duck hunting - like Christmas shopping with mom. I can take it because I get how cool duck hunting with my son on a school day would be!
    Chad Miller
    Great Lakes HRC

HRCH UH Northern Flying Dutchman
    High Times Dutchmans Copper Cooper

"Wake me up early, be good to my dogs, and teach my children to pray!"
    - John Anderson, "Black Sheep"

Very cool! I had almost the exact same season myself..... 2 first year hunters (Son and Daughter) and first year pup. Could not have been happier, sure makes it all much different then it was a few years back and for the better. Thanks for sharing
    God, Family, Country & LSU Football.

Neat stuff- cool picture- proud good looking young man.
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Dutchman View Post
    Well, from the perspective of another teacher, I simply have to weigh in here. All this talk of fake illnesses and imaginary excuses just frustrates the heck out of me. I mean, how could you do that?

...especially since I'm never going to be able to pull it off because to do so, I'd have to call in sick for both my son and myself on the same day and anyone who knows me would see right through that! Color me jealous! As much as I hate kids being absent, stuff like this makes me "get it!" Heck, it even makes me more tolerant of "fake illnesses" for things that aren't as noble as duck hunting - like Christmas shopping with mom. I can take it because I get how cool duck hunting with my son on a school day would be!

Chad, I don't think you get it. A fever is contagious!

And, from a teacher standpoint, I have missed an average of 1.5 days per year in my 27 year tenure. Choose your fevers well, and take your kid hunting when the stars and moon line up. No guilt necessary.
    John Stroh, Lodi ca

There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace…........If one has cut, split, hauled, and piled his own good oak, and let his mind work the while, he will remember much about where the heat comes from, and with a wealth of detail denied to those who spend the weekend in town astride a radiator.

Aldo Leopold

You got one sick boy.......
    Thanks for sharing the pics.

Nice teal.
    HRCH UR01 CH UNJ WHISKEY CREEK'S DUKE CHASCERI MH
    Cherokee Foothills HRC