The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where O Where did the Winter Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    17 degrees for the high 2 days ago and calling for mid 50's on Monday... I got jokers to the north of me and clowns south.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8StG4fFWHqg
    Love it man

Quote Originally Posted by rboudet View Post
    Hunted them today in whiteville. They worked pretty good. 8 specs. And two short of a four man limit of ducks. Mostly teal.
    If you had Nick P calling, he can get any and all Specs to decoy! Did you hunt on the grounds or on Ryan's lease?
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Summer here. Grass has died. Fires raging. Some days over 100 degrees...a few way over.

Had a fire start 6 miles away from home last week. When friends and family started to telephone warnings I was ready to flee....with 6 adult dogs and 4 six week old puppies.
    The rest can burn. Three hours later received word fire contained. Fire deliberately lit by to young adults!

The now 7 week old puppies felt a few drops of rain this morning. They sure love the hose and their own tiny swimming pool.
    Field trial labradors, the wind beneath my wings,

sometimes poop under my boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    If you had Nick P calling, he can get any and all Specs to decoy! Did you hunt on the grounds or on Ryan's lease?
    Not the grounds, but you could, there is plenty of water and birds. Nick P. wasnt there this time, but Ryan is no hack, he can get em in also.

Water on the trial grounds is from the back of the property to the Cypress Pond and Pump ponds. And has no where to go.

I got jokers to the north of me and clowns south
    and I'm stuck in the middle with you
    Jeannie Greenlee

Blazinlakes Legally Blonde CDX JH NAJ RA WC OD (1st Retriever)
    HRCH Smokingold Guns Up CCA WCX CD MH
    https://sites.google.com/site/smokingoldretrievers/home

Early on this morning:

With nothing flying unless something jumped the ducks (closed here in the coastal zone):

Finally had some wind in mid morning and got our pair of specks from a bunch that came gosh awful pretty:

But it was slow enough I took over 200 pictures of little or nothing in the meantime. Nice to be play, instead of pay, hunting this past week.
    If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.

(And to see just how confused I really am, join us in my online blind at: Rick's 2012-2013 season log)

Rick, I do thoroughly enjoy reading your "season log". When I finally stop (too much to take for too long)....then it hits hard. What a life! Thanks for sharing.
    Jim Boyer www.kwicklabs.com
    MPR UH HRCH Kwick Taffey of Joemac's MH
    HR Kwick Daisy's Spirit Keeper SH
    HR Kwick Draw McGraw SH
    Kwick Kooly Dew It Allstar SH

Thanks, Jim. I'm dirt poor, but rich in blessings.
    If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.

(And to see just how confused I really am, join us in my online blind at: Rick's 2012-2013 season log)

Nice photos Rick! You are lucky to be able to wait them out. Most of the Specs we harvested in the Mouton Cove area were after 9am, so we got to the point where we didn't go to the blind till around 830am. Got tired of waiting from 630 to 9 for birds.

Forecast is for 77degrees tomorrow.
    Last edited by Franco; 01-25-2013 at 07:59 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Ha! Honey doo's dog training and fishing Sunday afternoon! Mai's I got her trained Me!
    Just Win