The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duck check

Default Duck check

Is this a typical blue wing teal or some cross between a blue and cinnamon ?bluwng fly.jpg

Looks like a typical full plumage drake BWT to me.... what made you think there was any Cinnamon Teal in it?
    Mike Tome
    Duckdog's Fast Autofocus
    GMHRCH-III WR North Star's Deuce of Diamonds

MHR WR Pondview's Bar None 1994-2006

Duckdogphotography.smugmug.com

thats a BWT but its really late in the year to see them,they are generally the first to migrate south which is why many states have a season on them in Sept
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Very nice BWT!!! I NEVER get to see a Blue wing in full plummage....they migrate through my area in September. We get a few late season Green Wings that look nice......

That's an extremely nice blue wing. Mount that sucker!!
    HRCH Conecuh River's Elegant Ella

Most hunterds don't believe we get a few BWTs here on the west coast, this is my 3rd one. Looking at the back end alone looks like a cinnamon. The first one I got opening day had the white crest but had a brown head, looked like a hen cinnamon except for the white next to the bill,

The Blue Wing Teal have already begun heading north, we just started seeing them again in the last 10 days. They are early migrators, both directions. The one in the picture is a mature Drake in full nuptial plumage.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tome View Post
    Looks like a typical full plumage drake BWT to me.... what made you think there was any Cinnamon Teal in it?
    the colors on the wing

All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

We are just beginning to see the returnees here in SE TX. I took one last Saturday that was just beginning to show good breeding plumage. Easy to ID in the air as a drake but in hand it surely wasn't as prime as yours. I used to carve and paint drakes but no longer do because the great majority of us never see them during hunting season so why bother.
    John C aka jacduck

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

Really really nice BWT teal for CA, we've been looking for one to complete a tri-fecta mount for 2-3 years, all the ones I've seen pics of this year have been in Eclipse plumage, nothing you'd want on the wall, Silly CA hunters will mount them anyway because they are so rare to get down here

Did you get any hens? we have a time trying to keep all the different hens apart, the Cinnamon and BW have been causing duck-club arguments this year. It'd be nice to see a good photo of one to compare.
    Last edited by Hunt'EmUp; 01-24-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    SHR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)