The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duck check

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'EmUp View Post

Did you get any hens? we have a time trying to keep all the different hens apart, the Cinnamon and BW have been causing duck-club arguments this year. .
    That is a truism. Most reference books for painting them claim there is relatively little difference so they don't usually bother to differentiate. Same applies to Barrows and Common Goldeneye hens.
    John C aka jacduck

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

Been killing loads of them here, very nice duck and if you don't get them as often as we do I'd mount it.

do the hen bwts have the white near the bill ? my first one did but the rest looked like a hen, no nice coloring,

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'EmUp View Post
    Really really nice BWT teal for CA, we've been looking for one to complete a tri-fecta mount for 2-3 years, all the ones I've seen pics of this year have been in Eclipse plumage, nothing you'd want on the wall, Silly CA hunters will mount them anyway because they are so rare to get down here

Did you get any hens? we have a time trying to keep all the different hens apart, the Cinnamon and BW have been causing duck-club arguments this year. It'd be nice to see a good photo of one to compare.

Been hunting California for 26 years. I have shot ONE. pretty rare here.
    John Stroh, Lodi ca

There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace…........If one has cut, split, hauled, and piled his own good oak, and let his mind work the while, he will remember much about where the heat comes from, and with a wealth of detail denied to those who spend the weekend in town astride a radiator.

Aldo Leopold