The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best place for online shotgun shells?? I'm in a pinch.

Default Best place for online shotgun shells?? I'm in a pinch.

I'm supposed to be going to a pheasant shoot on 2/9. It will be a tower shoot on released pheasants, so it will be pass shooting, not flushing.

They allow lead shot, but no shot size bigger than #6.

I've got a case of shells (to split with a friend) on backorder from Mack's but they cannot tell me when they will come in and I'm getting nervous. They need to be at least 1 1/8 oz shot, preferably high brass or my Benelli likely won't cycle them. I would prefer 1 1/4 oz high brass.

There is virtually nothing in the Atlanta area that I have found in #6. I found some light 1 oz loads that won't cycle and some really expensive loads that are not as good as what I've got on B/O from Macks for quite a bit more than what Mack's is charging.

Can anyone tell me other good online shotshell sources that I should check out??

Thanks in advance.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

Rogers sporting goods would be my second choice after Macks

Rogers has always been my go to. Super fast processing of orders to ship.
    Cody's Gunslingin' Cosmonaut MH (Shooter)

"The bird hunter watches only the dog, and always knows where the dog is, whether or not visible at the moment. The dog’ nose is the bird hunters eye. Many hunters who carry a shotgun in season have never learned to watch the dog, or interpret his reaction to scent."
    Aldo Leopold, Round River

Thanks, I found some shells that I think will work even better at Roger's for just a couple of buck more per case after shipping.

I knew the RTF wouldn't let me down. I had heard of Roger's but never ordered and wouldn't have thought of them most likely.
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

So now that HuntinDawg's question has been answered...I can hijack his thread Anyone got a good source for bulk ammo for handguns and rifles (9mm, 30-06, 38 special, etc...) besides Cabela's and Bass Pro

Thanks
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    So now that HuntinDawg's question has been answered...I can hijack his thread Anyone got a good source for bulk ammo for handguns and rifles (9mm, 30-06, 38 special, etc...) besides Cabela's and Bass Pro

Thanks
    Try MidwayUSA, everyone is getting short on supply due to our current government actions.
    Paula

Dixie's Southern Comfort IV, MH

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is it will not be needed until they try to take it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post

Thanks
    I know supplies are low everywhere, but you could try Cheaper Than Dirt, Sportsman's Guide and Georgia Arms.

Georgia Arms sells a lot of once reloaded ammo that a lot of local police use for target practice (FMJ). I bought 1,000 rounds of .40 cal right after the election. I wish I had bought more. If the order is large enough shipping is free. I doubt they have the .30-06 though.
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Flint View Post
    I had not heard of them before. I just signed up for their mailing list so I won't forget about them. Thanks!
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

Gunn Ammunition in Blakely GA. Google their website.
    "That's a fine dog you got there son. Looks like one of ya'll got the brains and the other one got the driver's license.".