The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The grand const. scholar violated the constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    Freedom of speech, also in the constitution, was put in when there were only newspapers. There was not any television, phones or computers. Thus, it shouldn't apply to this form of media. Scalia would go along with this as well, right?
    You would have to ask Scalia. He's the one who put the "originalist" label on himself. However, I seriously doubt he would go along with you on this...

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    Evidently it was Dingy Harry that started this little trick to block GW Bush's appointments. I heard A B Stoddard make this statement on the radio. Maybe one of our resident snopers can fact check this for me.
    I realize who started it. I didn't agree with the practice then either.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    You would have to ask Scalia. He's the one who put the "originalist" label on himself. However, I seriously doubt he would go along with you on this...

I realize who started it. I didn't agree with the practice then either.
    Like the filibustering of Supreme Count nominees, like Robert Bork. Again it is not constitutionally in my mind but it was done. The Republicans could have done this to Sotomayor. However, they would have been completely chastised.

BYW Bork ended up Borking them in the long run. Kennedy was his replacement and he is still on the court. Even though he does swing both ways sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    AT this point I wish I had convinced DH to take the job in my native country that he was offered many years ago by my uncle. Why should I be happy to put up with the crap that goes on around here? Why oh why should I pay for someone else to leach off of me???
    What am I working for?
    I;m not classless I'm sick of paying thru the butt for nothing!!!Tell the leaches to go screw themselves.
    I get so confused. I thought you grew up near Sandy Hook. Where are you from pray tell?
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
    The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Please think before spewing nonsense.-Paul
    His allegiance is to the world bankers,,, He bailed them out by giving them our money that they stole from us the first time . Then he printed 3 trillion and gave them some more. He is a TRAITOR by definition
    ,,,well now that I think about it ...,,he actually isn't,,,he is not a U.S. citizen,,, he has always belonged to a global society. So he is being true to his nature
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus