The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Devil Eats Prada (total GDG)

Default The Devil Eats Prada (total GDG)

I am having to keep my two year old lab restrained until we can get to an ortho doc on Tuesday. So he goes to work with me every day, our office is a small place where he can't run around. Up until Wednesday he has been an angel and is a well accepted visitor to the business. My boss, who is also my friend, and I were in the front area doing something on the computer, when we hear the sound of change falling to the ground in the back office. I rush down to find Chief shaking a leather wallet around, enjoying the spectacle of all the shiny coins flying and rolling around. I reach down and tell him to drop, he delivers it neatly to my hand and sits there. Unfortunately, he had gripped on to the change flap to do the shaking, and had torn it loose from the base. Mortified by this behavior, I told my friend I would try to find another wallet. She laughed and said don't worry about it, but I'm not made that way. So this morning, on my day off, I went shopping. In the third store I tried, (lots of leather shops here in Taos) the lady recognized my description of what I was trying to replace. They did not have it, but told me of course they could order it. $200!!!!!! It was a Prada! I had absolutely no idea that $200 wallets even existed, even though I did see the movie "The Devil Wears Prada". Well, instead we bought a normal wallet for $35 and gave it to my boss and told her to please use it as spare while she has her good one repaired. She was so sweet, she said she probably would not even do that as she thought it would be fine. But I did convince her to keep the new one. The burning question left by this episode, is how did Chief choose the Prada, when my $10 Walgreen's special was sitting right beside it on the same corner of the same desk and also full of change???? Oh well, he stays in the crate now until he can start getting some exercise!
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

That's funny, at least your boss/friend was cool about it, some people with prada like brands are anal about that stuff. The lab mix we had growing up was very well behaved, but as a puppy somehow singled out my moms favorite leather shoes and chewed them both... there were about 20 pairs of shoes in my parents closet at the time. Unfortunately for my mom, the shoes were discontinued, she still talks about it to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    . The burning question left by this episode, is how did Chief choose the Prada, when my $10 Walgreen's special was sitting right beside it on the same corner of the same desk and also full of change???? Oh well, he stays in the crate now until he can start getting some exercise!
    Was the Walgreens special actually leather? Dogs can and will sniff out real leather for a good chew and ignore the other stuff. Also the less processed the leather the more desirable!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Banned

Its a good thing your boss was ok about it. If I had spent $200 on a wallet and your dog chewed it up, I would be getting a new $200 wallet at your expense.

WRL

Crap, a friends dog chewed up my $75 sunglasses and she literally ran to REI to get me a replacement pair before I skinned her dog. No way I'd have accepted a pair of 7-11 sunglasses for a replacement....sheesh...

According to my friend, the wallet is old and "good as new". I did not think so, that's why I set out to find out what it was. If she were to accept anything for the wallet, it would probably be the dog that did it! She insists its her fault for leaving it out. She also knows full well that if such a thing existed in Taos, I would have gotten it for her without a second thought. Sorry I ever mentioned it, I guess that's why I live and work here, not there!
    Carol,

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    According to my friend, the wallet is old and "good as new". I did not think so, that's why I set out to find out what it was. If she were to accept anything for the wallet, it would probably be the dog that did it! She insists its her fault for leaving it out. She also knows full well that if such a thing existed in Taos, I would have gotten it for her without a second thought. Sorry I ever mentioned it, I guess that's why I live and work here, not there!

We'll see how that theory pans out when you ask for your next raise!

Prada so overrated...should have gotten her a Michael Kors
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I'd rather have $200 in my wallet than a $200 wallet.
    Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
    www.northmountainretrievers.com

LOL! That is exactly how this lady is. She would never have spent that for a glorified change purse. And all is well, her husband just came by to take Chief for a short walk.
    Carol,