The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wishing on a trainer!In Texas?

Default Wishing on a trainer!In Texas?

Guys I'm posting this just for opinions but if you had the funds and wanted to play the white jacket game what trainer would you pick in Texas?
    FC AFC Slider/Junie

Danny Farmer
    Premier's Carbon Star
    by The Era of Zeus MH (NFC Patton x Ivy QAA by FC AFC Rudy) x
    HR Buck Creek Lexus by Widgeon JH (NAFC Carbon x Splash QAA by FC AFC Cougar)

Carbon Star Katniss
    By FC AFC Windy City's Mighty Mouse (NAFC Carbon x FC AFC Cody) x Flirt'n Lean Lex of Babyduck SH (NAFC Grady x Flirt QAA by NFC Chopper)

Need more info; young dog, older dog with potential? Previous trainers who had dog, references from them? Doubt Farmer would take a dog without references but I could be wrong. Your post should have asked for PM's also.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

You have several you could contact in Texas. Need more info on what you and your dog are looking for.
    'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' - Bear Bryant / Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Need more info; young dog, older dog with potential? Previous trainers who had dog, references from them? Doubt Farmer would take a dog without references but I could be wrong. Your post should have asked for PM's also.

This is more like the real world..

Getting a dog on those types of trucks is similar to a human athlete. You don't just walk onto the "Steelers" or "Yankees" and think you will be signed

What did you do in High School?? What college?? Who knows you??

You need to have talent first..

With said I'd take the one that would agree to take my dog..
    May you pin all the marks and line the blinds!!

Avatar courtesy of RTF"s TZAPPIA

As stated prior, it really depends on what your situation is. Now that said, I would call up several & talk with them. They're human. They'll talk to you. Go straight to the horse & hear it out of his mouth. Don't get discouraged by what you read on the Internet.

The 3 that would be on top of my list are Mr. Danny Farmer, Mr. Dave Rorem, & Mr. Bill Eckett.
    Last edited by Jacob Hawkes; 01-26-2013 at 01:06 AM.

This question is completley hypothetical.And you are right I should have asked for pms.I did not mean to pit any trainers against each other.It would be more of a basis of a young dog with potential.Pms are welcome on any of your opinions thanks and just bored on a Friday night.
    FC AFC Slider/Junie

here is an answer to your hypothetical...IF I had the financial resources and the right dog(s) I would offer a half ownership to any one of these 3 people, so the dog could still run the amateur stakes and qualify for the National Amateur..those 3 are Judy Aycock, Sylvia McClure and Lauren Hays....all three can win Opens, and obviously Judy has won TWO Nationals...I think she has one more left in her quiver
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Thanks Bon.
    FC AFC Slider/Junie

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    here is an answer to your hypothetical...IF I had the financial resources and the right dog(s) I would offer a half ownership to any one of these 3 people, so the dog could still run the amateur stakes and qualify for the National Amateur..those 3 are Judy Aycock, Sylvia McClure and Lauren Hays....all three can win Opens, and obviously Judy has won TWO Nationals...I think she has one more left in her quiver

Bon, have you just offered "goods for services"? Careful, amateur status may be called into question!!!!! LOL