The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Obamacare ... more of what's in it

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Ran across this today- pretty scary stuff.

http://reason.com/archives/2013/04/2...medical-profes

Bubba
    Bubba,

Thanks for the link, great article. Anyone who cares about where our healthcare system is headed should read this, especially those who think Obamacare/single payor system is the way to go.

Tom
    Tom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Bubba,

Thanks for the link, great article. Anyone who cares about where our healthcare system is headed should read this, especially those who think Obamacare/single payor system is the way to go.

Tom
    The liberals like to all it "single payor". I call it SINGLE EMPLOYER system. That speaks more to the loss of individual freedoms of both doctors and patients.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...081716170.html

http://tinyurl.com/boxlw52

The Coming ObamaCare Shock

By DANIEL P. KESSLER
    In recent weeks, there have been increasing expressions of concern from surprising quarters about the implementation of ObamaCare. Montana Sen. Max Baucus, a Democrat, called it a "train wreck." A Democratic colleague, West Virginia's Sen. Jay Rockefeller, described the massive Affordable Care Act as "beyond comprehension." Henry Chao, the government's chief technical officer in charge of putting in place the insurance exchanges mandated by the law, was quoted in the Congressional Quarterly as saying "I'm pretty nervous . . . Let's just make sure it's not a third-world experience."

These individuals are worried for good reason. The unpopular health-care law's rollout is going to be rough. It will also administer several price (and other) shocks to tens of millions of Americans

- more -
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Henry Chao, the government's chief technical officer in charge of putting in place the insurance exchanges mandated by the law, was quoted in the Congressional Quarterly as saying "I'm pretty nervous . . . Let's just make sure it's not a third-world experience."

We're already sliding into Third World status; Obamacare is simply hastening the slide.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post

We're already sliding into Third World status; Obamacare is simply hastening the slide.
    Better watch out, when I said the same the LT's called me down.
    Just Win

Looks like there will be another major court battle over Obamacare.

http://www.unitedliberty.org/article...ourt-challenge

Since the SCOTUS ruled it a tax, all tax bills must originate in the House. Obamacare came out of the Senate.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Ran across this today- pretty scary stuff.

http://reason.com/archives/2013/04/2...medical-profes

Bubba
    That is what its intention is to be scary. Is it true...I question that since every medicare elgible individual I know loved their medicare the last 30 years.

Quit reading crap....more attempts at making public opinion oppose the change. Why do they want you mad, so they can keep hoodwinking you.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    That is what its intention is to be scary. Is it true...I question that since every medicare elgible individual I know loved their medicare the last 30 years.

Quit reading crap....more attempts at making public opinion oppose the change. Why do they want you mad, so they can keep hoodwinking you.
    Yeah, don't read... Just be a kool aid drinking zombie and do whatever the powers that be tell you to do... That makes a lot of sense.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Yeah, don't read... Just be a kool aid drinking zombie and do whatever the powers that be tell you to do... That makes a lot of sense.
    I read but I limit my fiction to mystery and thrillers. I don't try to find it in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    I read but I limit my fiction to mystery and thrillers. I don't try to find it in the news.
    I have a Benjamin that says when you do read- you move your lips.

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci