The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Majority: 1 Increment Closer

Default Permanent Majority: 1 Increment Closer

Obama To Make Major Immigration Moves Next Week

Posted: 01/25/2013 1:33 pm EST | Updated: 01/25/2013 5:40 pm EST

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama announced after a meeting with the Congressional Hispanic Caucus on Friday that he will lay out some of his plans for immigration reform on Tuesday in Las Vegas.

Members of the caucus who were present at the meeting said Obama assured them that he shares the group's basic beliefs about immigration reform, most notably that making a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants -- which some Republicans oppose -- is an absolute must as they push for legislation.

"The President was pleased to hear from CHC members and noted that they share the same vision, including that any legislation must include a path to earned citizenship," the administration in a statement. "The President further noted that there is no excuse for stalling or delay."

Seven members of Congress were present at the meeting, including Congressional Hispanic Caucus Chairman Ruben Hinojosa (D-Texas), Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), Immigration Task Force Chairman Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) and Chairman of the Democratic Caucus Xavier Becerra (D-Calif.).

Obama told the group that his plans for immigration reform align with their own, especially with regards to the need for a pathway to citizenship, Becerra said after the meeting.

"He said on more than one occasion that his principles virtually mirrored the Congressional Hispanic Caucus principles -- and if you look at our principles, we are determined to fight against creating a second class of Americans," Becerra told HuffPost. "I don't think there's any light between where we are and where he is on the issue of having America legally create a second class of citizens."

The Associated Press reported that the White House will launch an effort on immigration next week, as will a bipartisan group of senators, likely the so-called "gang of eight" -- four Republicans, four Democrats -- who have already begun to work toward a deal.

If I am not mistaken (and I am not) there already exists a "LEGAL" pathway to citizenship."
    Stan b & Elvis

When I opened the thread I thought it was going to be about the Marco Rubio's new plan:
    U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio is developing a wide-ranging immigration reform plan — including steps to give more than 12 million illegals currently in the U.S. legal status — in an effort to seize the initiative on a contentious issue that polls show is hurting the Republican Party with the nation’s rapidly growing Hispanic population.

Rubio laid out the broad outline of his plan in an interview with the weekend edition of the Wall Street Journal, at the same time President Obama announced he would push a comprehensive immigration plan of his own this March.

Surprisingly, both hold similar goals – creating a process in which undocumented workers in the U.S. can gain status and at the same time create a potential path to citizenship at some point in the future.
    http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rub.../13/id/471223/

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    If I am not mistaken (and I am not) there already exists a "LEGAL" pathway to citizenship."
    And those of us that played by the rules are disgusted by anyone who allows the border jumping, plop down, squat out anchor baby to stay!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    When I opened the thread I thought it was going to be about the Marco Rubio's new plan:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rub.../13/id/471223/
    Everyn illegal should be deported. Follow the rules. It is a slap in the face to those the did it the right way!

Those of us that folloed the law hate illegals more than anyone else. Every damn illegal needs to be deported. They can kiss my butt. Play by the rules like we did or well I hope they arm the border and shoot to kill!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Everyn illegal should be deported. Follow the rules. It is a slap in the face to those the did it the right way!
    Come on, where's that passion and disdain you always show when a Democrat would do the same thing this Republican is doing? No impeachment, treason, name calling for Rubio who thinks 12 million illegals are a good thing for the Country?

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Come on, where's that passion and disdain you always show when a Democrat would do the same thing this Republican is doing? No impeachment, treason, name calling for Rubio who thinks 12 million illegals are a good thing for the Country?
    I don't agree with Rubio either. As far as I am concerned every illegal should be thrown back over the border and anchor babies should be tossed over the border too.
    PLay by the rules or get the heck out.
    NObody should come to this country unless they are doing something that can't be filled by a citizen by qualifiactions not desire.
    IE , why does anyone leach from the taxpayer for a minimum skilled job and yet someone else can come here to do that job.
    WHY do we give any benefits to anyone who could darn well go pick crops but we let them leach to sit on thier asses?

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Those of us that folloed the law hate illegals more than anyone else. Every damn illegal needs to be deported. They can kiss my butt. Play by the rules like we did or well I hope they arm the border and shoot to kill!
    Guess not everyone can marry a green card. True love is so hard to find.

But I do agree that it isn't fair for those who do follow procedures and have waited years to enter. Of course it may mean higher farm prices when we have to pay a living wage to harvest lettuce.

It is interesting how a hispanic Republican can offer up the same ideas without being flamed by the followers.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post

Good lord I would hope that the US does not allow someone who was not quite 4 years old to marry for a green card!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post

But I do agree that it isn't fair for those who do follow procedures and have waited years to enter. Of course it may mean higher farm prices when we have to pay a living wage to harvest lettuce.

It is interesting how a hispanic Republican can offer up the same ideas without being flamed by the followers.
    HOw about allowing skilled labor and making the citizen leaches get off their asses and pick the lettuce!