The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Back at it with TY

Default Back at it with TY

Went out this aft with TY to get some training in. Went to an empty lot where the town dumps there snow. Working on the t right now started out just past the apex of the t, marked the pile and sent him on his way. Then a person lacking control of there dog and some common sense came into the frame he actually went at TY for no reason so i intervened. I contemplated packing up then but i backed away from the line and gave him some lovin evaluated his mood and attitude and moved back up and started up again. Went well i think. 1 mistake with him running to the over but i think i handled it well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HqirwzDUvA

We then jumped into the truck and moved locations to work on some marks. As i explain in the video i messed the first shot from the dummy launcher up, It went into some nasty cover, but he rocked it out, took my cast and carried on.
    I am having so much fun with this little guy, still shy of 8mths old. Been working the 4 bumper wagon wheel, the remember me drill and some push pull stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPFkNzDYCL4

Lets here some feed back.

As well mannered as your pup is and since you don't have any remote launchers, why not start remote sitting him and walking out to throw his marks? I think it would do him a lot better to see the marks coming from the field rather your side and you can only throw them so far and limiting your distance. But again you have such a well mannered pup, shouldn't be a problem to get him to sit as you walk out and throw him marks.

And way to make it work even in so much snow. Our whole state shuts down when we get any snow.

Im really searching for a good used winger or two right now to help out with this... I plan to have a buddy out with me tomorrow also, but i totally understand where your train of thought is.

A few pics of my guy. Sitting right around 60lbs.

good job and good looking dog!
    FC AFC Slider/Junie