The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama shoots all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    He had a stranglehold on that forearm... What a doofus.

He walks into the sporting good store in front of the tv cameras and says... Is this where I git me a huntin license? As if he thinks all hunters have one tooth in their head.

How are his gun handling skill compared to say this doofus?

http://youtu.be/k-rGnMKszxg

It's guys like this who scare me about the "more good guys with guns" approach.

I have no problem with guards carrying guns at my daughter's school. But I don't want any Barney Fife types trying to protect her. I read that there is a state or school system considering arming the custodial staff. They are going to put them through a 2-day training course. I can understand the thinking, as we know the cream always rises to the top. What better hands to put our children's safety in?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I can certainly believe that Clinton had been hunting growing up in Ar. May not have been a big part of his childhood, but surely he wasn't a total virgin.
    From everything we know about Slick Willie, I can almost assure you he wasn't a total virgin.
    Bill Davis

From everything we know about Slick Willie, I can almost assure you he wasn't a total virgin.
    I knew someone would appreciate the setup
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

I have no problem with guards carrying guns at my daughter's school. But I don't want any Barney Fife types trying to protect her. I read that there is a state or school system considering arming the custodial staff. They are going to put them through a 2-day training course. I can understand the thinking, as we know the cream always rises to the top. What better hands to put our children's safety in?
    The guy in the video is definitely a doofus. He does not represent anyone I hunt or shoot with. It's obvious he has never had any training in how to handle his weapon, or if he has he sure did not adhere to it.

A 2 day training course would actually be more than most ever get and would at least teach proper gun safety techniques. I would be fine with those people around my kids or grand kids with weapons if they passed the course.

You would be surprised how many people are around you all the time already with concealed weapons that you don't even know about... Without incident on a daily basis.
    Last edited by huntinman; 01-28-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    Bill Davis

That guy has the brains of a liberal! lol!

All kidding aside. If someone other than LE are carrying in school I want them to have to have monthly range time similar to LE. Just like anything else in life practice, practice, practice!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Yes some guys are to stupid to have guns, at least he didn't Dick Cheney an innocent bystander.

It's guys like this that scare me about who controls who has guns!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    It's guys like this that scare me about who controls who has guns!!!!
    Amen on that one.
    Bill Davis

Your next Sec of State....
    By the way he is a Vietnam Vet.

How about this one? Four guys in the blind and none would claim the duck!

Attachment 10995

if memory serves me, they hunted at leonard setzer's timber tract in weiner/waldenburg, ar the day that pic was taken. i recollect the day that photo was in the paper, i was hunting in the earl buss bayou deview public area less than a mile from where then pres clinton hunted....and we stomped on 'em. my guess was they did not want to show the press the green top carnage that actually took place.

then again, the doofusses may have only shot one black jack?
    john mccallie