The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear of Gun Control

Default Fear of Gun Control

Let me tell you about my Saturday. Needed a blank pistol for training dogs, well as all of you know blank pistols are not the cheapest guns in the world, so talked with a few folks and decided to get a .22 revolver and use it as a blank pistol. Go to the local gun store, keep in mind this is in a town of I kid you not maybe 75 people but one of the major gun outlets in the area, and when I pulled in I counted 13 vehicles at the place and there were a ton of folks in there!! My previous trips to this establishment I have seen maybe 4 or 5 folks there, but Saturday there were 13 cars carrying I swear at least that many folks!! They have one guy that is on the phone with ATF,FBI whomever they call into to clear the sales the whole day. After waiting an hour, got my pistol and scope rings I needed and then waited for the clearance from the FBI for another half hour. The whole time I am there folks are buying guns like were arming a small army!! Folks dropping 2K to 5K without blinking an eye!! Every walk of life and everyone buying shotguns, pistols, rifles and a few assault type weapons. Visited with the owner when we left and he said it was SLOW for a Saturday!! He also told me they are on a slow going out of business sale as they are selling 25x's the amount of guns they are able to get in!! Are you folks seeing the same thing?

Shocker Saturday Regards,

Aaron
    AFC Iron Lines Sergeant Pepper "Pepper"
    FC FTCH Westwood's Sunday Silence "Buck"
    Sweet Swingin' Fred MH ***

www.southforkkennelsllc.com

Yes, our local gun shop which has insanely high prices cant keep rifles of any kind on the shelves.

Let's talk about the choice to go with a .22 pistol... I was about to pull the trigger on a GunX 209 primer gun. Why did you pick a 22 blank pistol?
    Gavin B.

I can believe it. Ammo is almost impossible to find for AR applications, and handgun isn't much better. Thank God that I reload and have supplies on hand. Honest people are afraid of the Dictator in Chief who is hell bent on disarming the law abiding citizen while totalling ignoring the root causes; the open border, free flow of drugs and weapons into this country, the gang related issues, and the mental health industry. This will continue to go on until WE put and end to this madness, and the outright lies coming from the White House.
    Mike Boufford

Home to:
    UH HRCH Blue Sky's Carolina Contessa (500 Point Club)
    HRCH Firestorm Black on the Inside

UH HRCH MarshQurls Thunderfoot Jake SH (660 lifetime points) 2/24/02 - 12/11/08

"The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves." George Washington 1776

YES, and has been like that since the Newtown tragedy.

And why is FEMA and DHS buying millions of rounds of .40acp and .223 ammo?

If you were poll the citizens under 40 years of age weather they thought the Bill of Rights was a written grant of rights to the people by the government or a list of protection of ineliable rights of the people from the government the majority would get it wrong. This is why "We the people"
    are losing.
    Last edited by rbr; 01-28-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    Bert Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by rbr View Post
    And why is FEMA and DHS buying millions of rounds of .40acp and .223 ammo?

If you were poll the citezens under 40 years of age weather they thought the Bill of Rights was a written grant of rights to the people by the government or a list of protection of ineliable rights of the people from the government the majority would get it wrong. This is why "We the people"
    are losing.
    Well, where would they learn about the Constitution?
    And if they are not, what does that tell you?
    Last edited by road kill; 01-28-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Subtle indoctrination by selective ommissions and selective emphisis in the curicullum started in the 80s. Why do you think it has been so easy to paint the Tea Party supporters ,who basically want the government to opperate within its constitutional bounds, as extremeists?

Bert
    Bert Rodgers

And the "Fear of un control is legit. Hear in MD a bill has been submitted reclassifying a who list of guns and it has included starter pistols in the general pistol category. That will effectively require us to register our training pistols. It also seeks to limit ammo purchases to 10 rounds per.

The over-reach is here and it is real.

Bert
    Bert Rodgers

4.8 million background checks conducted by the FBI for gun purchasers from FFL dealers in the month of November and December. All time high.
    Many people are taking this seriously. It is real.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

Much bigger town, but the best local gun place here fills up in about five minutes after they open. Not a small place either--they have about 40 employees working, but the place gets so full, they have to close the doors. Every Saturday, there is a line down the other end of the strip mall for folks to get in.