Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    WHY does anyone NEED an ASSAULT RIFLE?

Well said.
    Bill Davis

http://www.youtube.com/embed/F584p5k...yer_detailpage

This guy is no dummy,,,, why the 2nd is so important,,
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Well said.
    NOT!! Listen carefully at the 1:30 mark what he states about protection. It's a contradiction
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    NOT!! Listen carefully at the 1:30 mark what he states about protection. It's a contradiction
    Somebody hear an annoying buzzing sound?
    Bill Davis

How you figure?

So wade would you consider your benelli an assult weapon if it had a pistol grip, or would it be a benelli with a pistol grip?

Sarge, I will agree with the background check issue. It affects me negatively but it is something that could possibly help to curb some gun purchases (Although not many). But the magazine issue is completely stupid. If someone is going to go on a mass shooting spree they ALWAYS bring tons of mags along and they are able to reload quickly. Limiting to 10 rounds does nothing when I can reload in less than 3 seconds. It is a rule that will ONLY hurt law abiding citizens. period.

I have no issue with buying so-called "assult weapons" or expanding the background check system if it will limit those who should not acquire weapons (felons, mentally unstable, etc.) from acquiring them. What does scare me is the ability of all those rushing to the gun stores to buy guns to know how to safely use them. I see too many stories about someone (or someone's kid) accidentally hurting or killing themselves or someone else by using the "unloaded" weapon. I personally prefer a short-barrel 12-ga. shotgun for personal defense--looks scary to perp and can do plenty of damage.

So, what I hear at the 1:30 mark is the he answers the question about why he wants an "assault rifle", is to defend himself against someone attacking him with one. He does go on to say that even if an attacker didn't have an "assault rifle", he would still want one. Why? If you're under attack, you would always want to be better armed than your attacker.

What's the contradiction you're referring to?
    Ron
    www.portlandlabrador.com
    A Lab has no appreciation for the artistic value of a bonsai tree, but does appreciate their potential as chew toys.