The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 168

Thread: Fear of Gun Control

  1. #121
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    3 quick questions regarding the defense of one self.

    1) What type of gun would one most likely have by his bed in case of a home intruder?

    2) What type of gun would one most likely have in ones car in close proximity to defend ones self?

    3) What type of gun would one have the ability to carry on ones self to fend off an attacker?

    If your answer to any of the 3 is anything but a hand gun your either a liar or dillusional. To defend ones self with a Bush Master or any other "assault rifle" is truly a bogus argument in the way we go about our daily lives. Now, if you want to say that your sitting at the window waiting 24/7 for any intruder. well then I am in complete agreement with you. However if that is the case what type of life are you living? A life of fear!!
    Home;
    1: 12 Ga. Shotgun or High Powered Carbine with Personal Defense Ammunition. The shotgun is one of the easiest most reliable self defense weapon to date. It's easy to handle and easy to shoot. No acute aiming needed. Point and pull the trigger. The Carbine is also easy to utilize, very accurate and holds up to 30 rounds of ammunition. Both give the Home Owner maximum efficiency with options such as Lasers and Lights. Both give the Home Owner maximum effectiveness in being able to hit what hes aiming at in the dark within 21 feet while delivering the effectiveness of a High Powered Rifle Cartridge or the devastation of Shotgun Defense Ammo.

    Vehicle;
    2: Handgun and/or 18" Shotgun. The handgun in the vehicle is the best choice considering the close quarters of a vehicle. It can be easily manipulated without interference from the steering wheel, console seatbelt etc.
    -Also considering that once exiting the vehicle you will most likely be holstering the handgun on your person, it is the ideal firearm to carry in your vehicle.
    -However an 18" shotgun in a Lock Arm at the ready is completely ideal for City dwellers and is something that will remain in the vehicle until back home.

    Person;
    3: Considering today’s panty waste society the mere sight of a gun strikes fear and panic into the hearts of American Citizens. So Concealing a Handgun is the best choice for both Tactical Concerns and sadly political concerns as well. Carrying the most effective weapon is not an option these days b/c of the panic that would ensue. Walking around with a Rifle or Shotgun (More effective than a Handgun) isn't possible these days. But it used to be.

    Now I'm neither a liar or delusional. I base these decision off of training and experience. Both of which it seems you severely lack. No Defense instructor on the palnet would recommend anything other than a Shotgun in the House for MAXIMUM effective use.

    I've provided reasonable and logical solutions and answers yet you still haven't attempted to answer some of the questions directed towards you in this thread.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    It's to bad a differing opinion is considered an annoyance. Maybe that's why there is no compromise in Washington these days.
    It's an annoyance b/c of what I stated above. Instead of providing the logic behind your obtuse statements you just set keep rambling on.


    No Compromise in Washington you say? Look in the mirror! You start a statement off with pure ignorance about which weapon where and then in the same statement call people ignorant and delusional.

    You ARE a true liberal. Not sure if you’ve figured that out yet. You automatically form the opinion that anyone who disagrees with you, are liars or stupid or delusional (Yea that screams compromise right? right? right....) and like Liberals are the champions of setting up Strawman arguments. Giving your opponent and view that they don’t have and then arguing and winning against that view.

    Pathetic....
    Last edited by Dustin D; 01-30-2013 at 07:07 AM.

  2. #122
    Senior Member Wade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Dustin, my argument is about the big push on the assault rifles, bush masters, ar 15. If one is talking about these types of guns to defend ones self I don't see the logic in the argument.
    I asked those questions to try to point out the fact the defending ones self in those areas of vulnerability one would more than likely not have one of those weapons available at the time of attack.
    When one is a sleep, more times than not one would have a hand gun in close proximity.
    When one is in his/her car one would most likely have a hand gun in the glove box.
    When one is walking down the street one would most likely be carrying a hand gun.

    To use the reasoning of defense for the purpose of owning the above mentioned weapon in my opinion is off the mark.

    As I mentioned, if I'm sitting at home waiting for them to come and I am prepared then yes, I would like more power. But I am not going to live my life in fear sitting waiting for that to happen.
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

  3. #123
    Senior Member Wade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Classy!!!

    By your standards I am a "liar and delusional"
    I would suggest not illegally entering my home!

    I do NOT have a handgun at the ready!!!!

    12 guage regards..............
    For what it's worth, I find it interesting that I'm told to GFM or I'm called an idiot but that's seems to be Ok.

    Where is the CLASSY comeback comment there Stan?
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

  4. #124
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    For what it's worth, I find it interesting that I'm told to GFM or I'm called an idiot but that's seems to be Ok.

    Where is the CLASSY comeback comment there Stan?
    Everybody stop picking on Wade!!!


    YOU post a thread starting with using the Lords name in vain, and another thread telling everyone that disagrees with you we are "liars or delusional" and don't understand why heat comes back at you??

    Seriously??

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by road kill; 01-30-2013 at 08:05 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #125
    Senior Member Wade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    I'm a gun owner, I believe in gun ownership. I believe we should have the right to those things. However, as with a lot of other things in our lives here in the greatest country on earth, they come with some restrictions. Look around you, you have restrictions with most everything you do. Because of those restrictions we have a wonderful country full of opportunity and fruitful living.
    Some how we must move forward with respectful, logical and hopefully compromise type thinking so that the us vs them way of thinking is pushed to the side. If the other side, whether that be me or someone else, has a differing opinion we can not be such haters.

    As a very good friend of mine in the ROCK industry would say at the end of one of his concerts,

    GOOD NIGHT, I LOVE YOU AAALLLLLLL
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

  6. #126
    Senior Member Brad Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    542

    Default

    It is deplorable that a government would give F16's (and billions of dollars) to a terrorist organization, whose country is in the midst of a civil war, and at the same time restrict the 2nd Amendment rights of their own law abiding citizens.

    Our government is capable of anything and if this doesn't cause fear, then we deserve what's coming.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

    "Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

  7. #127
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Dustin, my argument is about the big push on the assault rifles, bush masters, ar 15. If one is talking about these types of guns to defend ones self I don't see the logic in the argument.
    I know, it's b/c you can't Wade!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    I asked those questions to try to point out the fact the defending ones self in those areas of vulnerability one would more than likely not have one of those weapons available at the time of attack.
    This does not matter. I'm not concerned with what the average idiot does or doesn’t do or is or isn't prepared for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    When one is a sleep, more times than not one would have a hand gun in close proximity.
    When one is in his/her car one would most likely have a hand gun in the glove box.
    When one is walking down the street one would most likely be carrying a hand gun.
    Wade look at you statement! This is not Logical this is your personal philosophy on personal safety and what measures YOU think are acceptable.

    Don't DENY me mine own b/c you don't have the knowledge or experience to understand my decisions on what is and is not the best firearm for specific situations.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    To use the reasoning of defense for the purpose of owning the above mentioned weapon in my opinion is off the mark.
    I agree. I think Personal Defense is the 2nd Tier of the argument.

    The 1st Tier is the Tyranny Argument. As if History hasn't proven that over the last few hundred years over and over again. The worlds past history isn’t a Movie, IT'S REAL! When a Gov. takes away guns ONLY ONE THING HAS FOLLOWED TIME & TIME AGAIN! and it WAS NOT SAFETY!


    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    As I mentioned, if I'm sitting at home waiting for them to come and I am prepared then yes, I would like more power. But I am not going to live my life in fear sitting waiting for that to happen.
    Uh ok..... Again you're just referring your personally philosophy on safety against criminals. This isn't logic, it's your own opinion.

    Wade you obviously have no clue on the many methods in which to secure your home while having various firearms at the ready. it has nothing to with living in fear but acknowledgement that there is Evil in the world.

    However do you deny someone’s right to live in fear? What if they live in Detroit? Do they not have a reason to be prepared at a moment’s notice? Should they be denied the most effective weapons to do so with?

    Your personal opinion is breaking down under the enormous weight of LOGIC Wade


    Tell me again how the 2nd Amendment was for Personal Defense......just wondering.....





    Yea looks like he was thinking about Personal Defense then huh?

    yea right!................







    /
    Last edited by Dustin D; 01-30-2013 at 08:10 AM.

  8. #128
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    I'm a gun owner, I believe in gun ownership. I believe we should have the right to those things. However, as with a lot of other things in our lives here in the greatest country on earth, they come with some restrictions. Look around you, you have restrictions with most everything you do. Because of those restrictions we have a wonderful country full of opportunity and fruitful living.
    Some how we must move forward with respectful, logical and hopefully compromise type thinking so that the us vs them way of thinking is pushed to the side. If the other side, whether that be me or someone else, has a differing opinion we can not be such haters.

    As a very good friend of mine in the ROCK industry would say at the end of one of his concerts,

    GOOD NIGHT, I LOVE YOU AAALLLLLLL
    Unfortunately progressives idea of comprimise is that you get your way.
    Stan b & Elvis

  9. #129
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    I'm a gun owner,
    I believe in gun ownership.
    I believe we should have the right to those things.
    You sure about all that? Sounds to me like that's only true if I own the guns you do and believe in the very specific uses of those guns as you do. I think there is a better argument for contradiction here than there was for your contradiction claim about the video.

    Let's review.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    By the way, I do own a few shotguns, just not an AR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    If your answer to any of the 3 is anything but a hand gun your either a liar or dillusional.!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    If one is talking about these types of guns to defend ones self I don't see the logic in the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    But I am not going to live my life in fear sitting waiting for that to happen.

  10. #130
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I don't see background checks or limited capacity magazines as punishing or a restriction on law abiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    However, I feel we should choke off the ability nuts and felons to obtain firearms without a background check.
    Who do you think obeys laws?

    Are you under the assumption that criminals will start obeying this Private Background Check idea?

    Do you not think that ONLY Law Abiders will obey this law?

    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •