The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Fear of Gun Control

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/wat...l?abc=Ct5vpWpS

And will we be depending on ATF to enforce all these gun control measures? Here is another story of an ATF screw-up.

In fairness, this ATF program started in 2004 ... so then one has to ask why the new administration never cleaned it up? If none of this ATF stuff gets to Holder's desk, one has to question the quality of his staff.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Wade,

I don't own an AR15 or Bushmaster, just because I prefer different firearms. I have a wide range to choose from, mostly because I enjoy what each one offers - I love to go shoot paper targets and such, I enjoy hunting, I enjoy being proficient with my firearms. The term "assault rifle" is inaccurate and is used to stir the emotions of an uneducated public, it's a political ploy to attempt to infringe on our 2nd amendment rights. And to think giving up any firearm because it isn't "useful" as a defensive weapon is not very logical, because the defensive use of the AR15 would come into play when you need to be just as well armed as the "enemy" - don't think defensive postures are only in the close quarters like a house or car or a mugging. Giving up a firearm is just like Censorship - can you imagine if now everything you said, wrote, read, heard was censored? If we can't infringe on the 1st amendment, why would we think we can infringe on the 2nd? And if you think the government is beyond abusing their power then you never had family loose everything during WWII just because they happen to be Japanese (and that is very recent history)? Feel free to give up YOUR firearms because once they take one type of firearm they will come after others....this isn't about self defense, hunting or sporting, it's about the Constitution and what separates this country from so many. Here is a blog from a friend I went to college with: http://stevehyde.wordpress.com/2013/...-without-guns/ he gives a great perspective on gun control, yes where he lives the gun control is very strict, but if we aren't careful we could end up like this in many places across this country.

Lainee
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

The funny thing about those missing m-4s in Milwaukee is that it is surely not in the hands of a law abiding citizen.Not to mention, if it had been a privately owned, full auto stolen the owner probably would have been jailed!

When the ATF have them they are called personal defense weapons...ironic?
    Last edited by sick lids; 01-31-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Isn't there a law that prohibits people from owning a destructive device like a 50 caliber rifle, machine gun, or a canon?

I don't know about canons, but it is a misconception that private citizens can't own full autos. I believe that there is a bit of a licensing process and some fees, but I'm pretty sure that it is possible to legally own machine guns.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by tuckerdutch View Post
    Isn't there a law that prohibits people from owning a destructive device like a 50 caliber rifle, machine gun, or a canon?
    Seriously!? Wow since I own a .50 caliber muzzle loader it must be a really destructive weapon right? Also, even if you gave me a .50 cal sniper rifle I know someone that could outshoot me with a open sight .308 caliber. It's the indian and not the bow. Also, with the proper licensing(sp?) you can own a "machine gun". As for the canon? I guess all those school mascots better turn those in including the military academies. Don't fall for the political ploys.
    Joe Dickerson

R.I.P. 4xGMPR HRCH Hunters Marsh Jack Daniels Bubba Jazz MH
    Call Name: JD

Well considering you don't live in the United States, Yes there is a CA Law that has banned .50 BMG Rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I don't know about canons, but it is a misconception that private citizens can't own full autos. I believe that there is a bit of a licensing process and some fees, but I'm pretty sure that it is possible to legally own machine guns.
    Correct and the same with Sound Suppressors. In fact here in Louisiana we just passed a law 2 years ago allowing for the Hunting of Outlaw Quadrupeds at Night & with Suppressors.

Here's a better visual for Machinegun Rights Per state etc. Roll Over each state to see more detail.
    http://my.opencarry.org/?page_id=154

and YES they are hard to get, very rare, MUST be Registered, very expensive and the paperwork is an 8 months deal

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Correct and the same with Sound Suppressors. In fact here in Louisiana we just passed a law 2 years ago allowing for the Hunting of Outlaw Quadrupeds at Night & with Suppressors.

Here's a better visual for Machinegun Rights Per state etc. Roll Over each state to see more detail.
    http://my.opencarry.org/?page_id=154

and YES they are hard to get, very rare, MUST be Registered, very expensive and the paperwork is an 8 months deal
    Ah, that map indicates that since I live in Texas, as soon as I win the lottery, I'll be able to obtain my Ma Deuce to protect my compound
    Last edited by HPL; 02-01-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Here is a Ladies 50cal. model in centerfire. The shoulder pad is in pink.

It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.