The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Fear of Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Ah, that map indicates that since I live in Texas, as soon as I will the lottery, I'll be able to obtain my Ma Deuce to protect my compound

Seen one the other day with Tri-pod & T&E going for 29k.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Seen one the other day with Tri-pod & T&E going for 29k.
    Like I said, as soon as I win the lottery.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

My wife really likes our barrett 50 cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Here is a Ladies 50cal. model in centerfire. The shoulder pad is in pink.

You think she's REALLY going to shoot that without ear protection? Crazy!!! She'll be making everyone write in all caps before before she's 30.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

If I read your post right you indicated you purchased a .22 revolver in lieu of a blank pistol. You may want to check your local laws regarding it's use. Whereas a blank pistol is a cap gun / noise maker (note most manufacturers do not even drill out the barrel anymore) you now are carrying a firearm and are subject to all laws regading firearms. Put it in your pocket and it is now illegally concealed without proper permit. Discharge it within city or village limits and you have problems. I used to belong to training group that trained on property that was inside the corporate limits of a township. When the police responded to a shooting / noise complaint they wanted to see all the 'firearms'. If any club member would have produced a .22 revolver they would have been cited for discharging a firearm in city limits and possibly illegal concelment of the weapon. Be careful and do not leave it - or your blank pistol for that matter in plain viewwhile in your vehicle you'll end up on the pavement with a cops knee on the back of your neck.

In the two weeks after the Newtown shooting enough guns were sold to equip the Chinese and Indian Armies!

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...ad.php?t=40772
    This site quotes the 3-page letter to Obama, signed by 1100 Green Berets, expressing their views on additional gun control measures.

I wonder if these men would have "passed the "litmus test" mentioned in another thread. Somehow I think not.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

The Newtown school district decided on their best solution:
    Late Thursday the Newtown Board of Education voted to request the presence of two kinds of guards inside the town’s elementary schools. The vote, for now, only represents a request — it still needs to clear budget and logistical boundaries since the guards would come from the town's police resources as opposed to the school board itself. But the plan “would put two eyes and ears — one armed, one unarmed — at each Newtown school,”reports Bronxville Patch's Davis Dunavin. The guards, officially called school resource officers (SROs), were already a fixture at all Newtown schools in the wake of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, but until this vote they were budgeted only to be a presence at middle and high Schools. . . .
    Pragmatism wins out over wishful thinking?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.