The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear of Gun Control

Folks need to be careful about what they post on a public forum. Admission of drug use and possession of firearms is a federal offense. Punishment is pretty severe. I learned about this when I served on a federal court. Here's a link that outlines the law. http://www.justice.gov/usao/ut/psn/d...ts/guncard.pdf
    Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
    www.northmountainretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ron in Portland View Post
    So, what I hear at the 1:30 mark is the he answers the question about why he wants an "assault rifle", is to defend himself against someone attacking him with one. He does go on to say that even if an attacker didn't have an "assault rifle", he would still want one. Why? If you're under attack, you would always want to be better armed than your attacker.

What's the contradiction you're referring to?
    3 quick questions regarding the defense of one self.

1) What type of gun would one most likely have by his bed in case of a home intruder?

2) What type of gun would one most likely have in ones car in close proximity to defend ones self?

3) What type of gun would one have the ability to carry on ones self to fend off an attacker?

If your answer to any of the 3 is anything but a hand gun your either a liar or dillusional. To defend ones self with a Bush Master or any other "assault rifle" is truly a bogus argument in the way we go about our daily lives. Now, if you want to say that your sitting at the window waiting 24/7 for any intruder. well then I am in complete agreement with you. However if that is the case what type of life are you living? A life of fear!!
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

1) What type of gun would one most likely have by his bed in case of a home intruder?

2) What type of gun would one most likely have in ones car in close proximity to defend ones self?

3) What type of gun would one have the ability to carry on ones self to fend off an attacker?

If your answer to any of the 3 is anything but a hand gun your either a liar or dillusional. To defend ones self with a Bush Master or any other "assault rifle" is truly a bogus argument in the way we go about our daily lives. Now, if you want to say that your sitting at the window waiting 24/7 for any intruder. well then I am in complete agreement with you. However if that is the case what type of life are you living? A life of fear!!
    However against a tyrannical government,,,, I would like a 50 cal mounted to my copula,,,,,,,,,Bar's for the kids and wife ,,,, and a closet full of stinger missiles.
    Look at Switzerland,,their citizens harbor all these plus hand granades and they have extremely low violent crime,,,,
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Somebody hear an annoying buzzing sound?
    It's to bad a differing opinion is considered an annoyance. Maybe that's why there is no compromise in Washington these days.

Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post

Classy!!!

By your standards I am a "liar and delusional"
    I would suggest not illegally entering my home!

I do NOT have a handgun at the ready!!!!

12 guage regards..............
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Classy!!!

20 gauge and handgun here. Both ready at all times. (Only reason it's a 20 is, it's my wife's gun and she is comfortable shooting it)
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Classy!!!

Stan, please do us the favor of answering each question individually. That would certainly help to clarify things.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    20 gauge and handgun here. Both ready at all times. (Only reason it's a 20 is, it's my wife's gun and she is comfortable shooting it)
    please answer each question individually.