The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 168

Thread: Fear of Gun Control

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kinston, NC
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Mr J,
    Please know that contrary to popular belief, we here on POTUS try not to talk to each other in this manner.
    Oh yeah, we get at it, but the cursing is something we stay away from to a man and woman.
    Roadkill, I think you have me (if you are talking about Buddy J) confused with someone else. I have never nor would I ever curse on this forum which is why I replied in my previous post that I would make no further comment. I think you may have been referring to the gentleman from Minn. Have a Nice Day.

  2. #52
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,400

    Default

    Wade, CT has an assault rifle ban in place.

    The Newtown shooter tried to buy a gun, and was turned down. His mother owned the gun he used, and she did not act responsibly in securing them from her son, whom she knew had a mental problem, and was preparing to place him in an institution.

    If nobody had any guns, then maybe the shooter would have done less damage in his shooting spree ... unless he found some other way to vent his mental instability.

    Joe Biden, himself, said (in good ole Joe's inimitable way) ... that if you want to do some damage, just get yourself some shotgun shells. So, I'd guess if some wacko was listening, the next shooting will be with a shotgun. Thanks, Joe. "The gift that just keeps on giving."
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  3. #53
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Stan, come on man, I'm just speaking the truth. I was honestly laughing, hard. I wasn't trying to be rude just trying to give the man his due. What he had to say there was funny, in my eyes as the beholder anyway.

    By the way, I really did like my grass back in the day, allow mushrooms were my favorite.
    You might be laughing, but your post was anything but funny.
    Bill Davis

  4. #54
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyJ View Post
    Roadkill, I think you have me (if you are talking about Buddy J) confused with someone else. I have never nor would I ever curse on this forum which is why I replied in my previous post that I would make no further comment. I think you may have been referring to the gentleman from Minn. Have a Nice Day.
    No sir, I was just telling you that Wade is not a regular here, so please don't think we are like that here.
    We are not much for cursing, in fact that may have been a first!!

    I know it wasn't you.
    Last edited by road kill; 01-28-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #55
    Senior Member Wade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    Getting back to the gun thing, I am not against gun ownership as a whole. I do believe in gun restrictions however. Like when you drive a car, you have certain restrictions.
    While my views may differ from others I don't see myself as an extremist. There does seem to be some who can not find common ground in the middle unfortunately. It is their way or no way. Life is about change, things evolve, some don't get that aspect of things. In the end though it's all good because we live in this fine country of ours we all have the right to free speech. Whether you like what I have to say or I like what you have to say.

    PEACE OUT!!
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

  6. #56
    Senior Member Mark Teahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    aztec, nm
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Your an idiot.
    Im done on this thread.
    I hate having a battle of intelligence with an unarmed person.

  7. #57
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Getting back to the gun thing, I am not against gun ownership as a whole. I do believe in gun restrictions however. Like when you drive a car, you have certain restrictions.
    While my views may differ from others I don't see myself as an extremist. There does seem to be some who can not find common ground in the middle unfortunately. It is their way or no way. Life is about change, things evolve, some don't get that aspect of things. In the end though it's all good because we live in this fine country of ours we all have the right to free speech. Whether you like what I have to say or I like what you have to say.

    PEACE OUT!!
    In the future, as hard as it may be, try to maintain decorum.
    Stan b & Elvis

  8. #58
    Senior Member Wade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    No sir, I was just telling you that Wade is not a regular here, so please don't think we are like that here.
    We are not much for cursing, in fact that may have been a first!!

    I know it wasn't you.
    Come on now Stan, I am a regular here. Every day I'm with you brotha. Don't take the contents or the wording of that previous message out of context. Using a couple of bad words was not meant to be disrepsectful. I was trying to use the words as kind of an exclamation point.
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

  9. #59
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Getting back to the gun thing, I am not against gun ownership as a whole. I do believe in gun restrictions however. Like when you drive a car, you have certain restrictions.
    While my views may differ from others I don't see myself as an extremist. There does seem to be some who can not find common ground in the middle unfortunately. It is their way or no way. Life is about change, things evolve, some don't get that aspect of things. In the end though it's all good because we live in this fine country of ours we all have the right to free speech. Whether you like what I have to say or I like what you have to say.

    PEACE OUT!!
    No you don't or you wouldn't have come waltzing in here and told us we must be insane.
    Bill Davis

  10. #60
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,315

    Default

    The guns aren't the problem. It's the nut behind the gun. The argument should be: How do you keep felons and nuts from getting their hands on guns? Secondly, how are you going to pay to do the same?
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •