The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear of Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyJ View Post
    Brian, you are 100% correct: but tits on a bull are useless too and "bull was coming to mind when I read that guys post.
    I agree there is a lot of bull going on in this thread. I did pick up an M&P 40 this past weekend it was the last one they had in stock. I can't believe how many people think that restricting guns and gun ownership will prevent crime. It is not the good people doing harm. It those who are intent on doing harm or committing crime that need to be restricted by our current laws

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Courser View Post
    I agree there is a lot of bull going on in this thread. I did pick up an M&P 40 this past weekend it was the last one they had in stock. I can't believe how many people think that restricting guns and gun ownership will prevent crime. It is not the good people doing harm. It those who are intent on doing harm or committing crime that need to be restricted by our current laws
    That is a nice weapon and I agree with your post completely buy these libs are not about gun control, they are about control of the people and if step by step they can disarm the people then they have complete control

Wade would you consider your benelli an assault weapon if it had a pistol grip, or would it be a benelli with a pistol grip. At the ranges these mass shootings are happening at these gunmen would have killed a lot more people with a benelli and buck shot.

And as far as restrictions on cars I can think of none that say what kind I can own or operate on my property. Or any that bars felons or mentally ill people from purchasing them.

How many of these mass shooters drove cars to the scene, should we ban cars also. I don't remember any one of them wearing a dress, maybe the POTUS should put out an order for us all to wear dresses.

Did you know more people are killed yearly with hammers than all rifles combined?. How about hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Courser View Post
    OK then how are you going to keep the firearms away from nuts and felons so we can have and enjoy ours?
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Very easy, tatoo felon on felon's forheads and nuts on nutso's armpits, and leave the rest of law abiding people alone.
    Last edited by sick lids; 01-28-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    OK then how are you going to keep the firearms away from nuts and felons so we can have and enjoy ours?
    If they break the law lock them up... If not... Things happen, you can't stop everything. Can't stop all car wrecks from happening either, but we don't take all the cars off the road.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    If they break the law lock them up... If not... Things happen, you can't stop everything. Can't stop all car wrecks from happening either, but we don't take all the cars off the road.
    Agree, Huntinman, that you can't stop all of them. But, like putting safety belts in cars, there are things that can be done to reduce the slaughter. As a article I posted last week from the Star-Tribune, a convicted felon and a former mental patient ended up with a collection of over 20 guns. From his own writings, he was fighting a demon inside that was about to break loose. He was able to acquire an AK47, a Tommie gun and numerous handguns because of a number of factors. Since the murder he he committed as a juvenile didn't appear on a background check. His mental health history did not either. He was able to acquire some of those guns at private sales and gun shows.

First, I believe government agencies need to get serious about keeping records updated on prohibited purchasers of fire arms. I am in favor of background checks on any firearm purchase. 10 rounds in a magazine is plenty unless your Indian name is Lucky Deer. Beyond that I'm not willing to go.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

All records need to be abled to be shared by all agencies. Zero tolerence for those that use firearms to commit crimes no plea bargning. No large media coverage of mass shootings equals no 15 mins of shame or aknowledgement for their actions. Indiviual responsibilty is a great thing. And everyone needs too be held accountable for their actions. Anyone found with a non registered hand gun or stolen gun is straight to jail no questions.

Agree, Huntinman, that you can't stop all of them. But, like putting safety belts in cars, there are things that can be done to reduce the slaughter. As a article I posted last week from the Star-Tribune, a convicted felon and a former mental patient ended up with a collection of over 20 guns. From his own writings, he was fighting a demon inside that was about to break loose. He was able to acquire an AK47, a Tommie gun and numerous handguns because of a number of factors. Since the murder he he committed as a juvenile didn't appear on a background check. His mental health history did not either. He was able to acquire some of those guns at private sales and gun shows.

First, I believe government agencies need to get serious about keeping records updated on prohibited purchasers of fire arms. I am in favor of background checks on any firearm purchase. 10 rounds in a magazine is plenty unless your Indian name is Lucky Deer. Beyond that I'm not willing to go.
    10 rounds is okay? Does that mean you think it is okay to shoot 10 people but not 12 or fifteen. I know that is a stupid question and is not at all what you meant; my point is it is not okay to shoot anyone, it's not the guns or the size of the magazines that are the problem. the cities where we have the strictest gun control laws are where the biggest problems are. The were more people killed in Chicago last month than by the Taliban. The whole gun control issue is fertile ground for sick politicians, who are clueless, to further there agendas and divide the country. Think about it, even if we could only have a five round clip what's to keep someone from carrying 5 or 6 clips, or even more?

Zeus I fully respect all of your opinions and agree with many of them to a point but passing laws that punish or restrict law abiding people for crimes that others commit is nonsense. The idea that the government is going to have any control of guns in the very near future is laughable as technology will always out pace laws. For instance google "defence distributed" and tell me how they can stop that, it has gone world wide, and the tech for making these out of metal is already here just very expensive.