The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK.... a new thread,

Default OK.... a new thread,

Guns and ammo seem to be in short supply these days.
    The question arises... these recent FFL purchases have all been well documented. Unlike many of the purchases and trades we might have made in the past.
    We might own shadow guns from the past. But recent purchases have been recorded. If as many fear, a round up happens...these most recent records will be the ones accessed.
    If the ATF, the FBI, your local LE or NG shows up and demands your recorded firearms, will you fire on them?
    Will your AR match the fire power of an Apache helicopter? Or even your Sheriffs Dept?

Maybe it's time to start electing people who do the will of the people..JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 01-29-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Tyrants and despots always say that is what they will do ... until they have the power to whatever they want. Better to elect people who will uphold the Constitution.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Tyrants and despots always say that is what they will do ... until they have the power to whatever they want. Better to elect people who will uphold the Constitution.
    Been to an airport lately?? JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Nope , I will not put my family or loved ones in the line of fire in a fight I cant possibly win
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I will do what I have always done.
    I will abide by the law.
    I am 61+ years old, how can I stop the authorities with a 12 gauge and a 30.06 bolt action??

I have said many times, the end game is not removing weapons from criminals, it is to disarm the citizenry.
    I have also stated that the time will come when the progressives hate us for letting them have their way.

Those days are closer than ever before.
    These people were elected, some of you pro 2nd amendment folks extremely upset over this issue voted for them.

It's GUT-CHECK TIME!!!!

BTW--JDogger, great thread!
    Last edited by road kill; 01-29-2013 at 06:24 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

I will do what I have always done.
    I will abide by the law.
    I am 61+ years old, how can I stop the authorities with a 12 gauge and a 30.06 bolt action??

I have said many times, the end game is not removing weapons from criminals, it is to disarm the citizenry.
    I have also stated that the time will come when the progressives hate us for letting them have their way.

Those days are closer than ever before.
    These people were elected, some of you pro 2nd amendment folks extremely upset over this issue voted for them.

It's GUT-CHECK TIME!!!!

BTW--JDogger, great thread!
    Stan
    If its unconstitutional then it is unlawful,, so confiscating guns in this country will always be a crime. Just because some law maker makes a law doesn't make it legal.
    Over night a law like that will make millions outlaws . And out laws do what out laws do. Confiscating guns is equal to a declaration of war. At that point a good man will have to choose to go with the flow,,,or take a stand against all odds or go underground,,,,,, A 30 million man army dressed like the general populace is a force to be reckoned with. Just look at the goat herders ,,, don't mess with them.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Stan
    If its unconstitutional then it is unlawful,, so confiscating guns in this country will always be a crime. Just because some law maker makes a law doesn't make it legal.
    Over night a law like that will make millions outlaws . And out laws do what out laws do. Confiscating guns is equal to a declaration of war. At that point a good man will have to choose to go with the flow,,,or take a stand against all odds or go underground,,,,,, A 30 million man army dressed like the general populace is a force to be reckoned with. Just look at the goat herders ,,, don't mess with them.
    Ironically, millions of outlaws will be made law abiding citizens over night by legalizing drugs and those here illegally!!

Do you think for one second those in the Whitehouse aren't sitting back in private laughing at the useful idiots?
    Talk about going along to get along?
    What do you think will happen when the Supreme Court is dominated by secular progressives?

Ultimately, there will be 2 classes.

The Government or "Ruling Class" and the workers.

Karl is very proud!!!

Of course, we know that can't happen.
    There will be (and is) 3 classes.

The Ruling Class (Government) living off the workers.
    The Workers, paying the freight.
    The non-workers, living off the workers.
    That basically already exists, it will just "PROGRESS" to the targeted end.

I have been in a couple fights (have you?).
    Maybe by your standards I am not a "Good Man" if I don't take up arms and fight back.
    OK, I guess I will live with that.
    I will probably obey the laws.
    We are a nation of laws, it is a disgrace that we currently ignore them.

I know who I am and what I have done, and fighting this is beyond just me.
    The mindset of those that put these people in office must be changed......good luck with that!

As far as the Constitution goes, "at this point, does it really matter?"
    I think it is clear for anyone who is willing to look objectively the disdain this administration has for that document.
    Last edited by road kill; 01-29-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

what the feds would love is another Waco. Don't give them one. There is no good reason to fight back if they say let me see your guns. Be smart and hide them well or say you sold them a while back to a guy in a wal mart parking lot. Or have a few you are not sad to depart with and take them to the gunsafe that only has those and give them away. But right now i would say reacting with violence is not the smartest way because the government is great at violence. They can kill 16 year old american citizens without trial and feel good about it. Non violence is the answer on this one.

Lots of talk lately about taking up arms against the government. What you are advocating is treason. The definition is right there in the Constitution that you scholars all revere.

A state has an inherent right to protect itself. Modern armies have an incredible degree of lethality. Armed insurrection has little chance against a modern state.

And what would a your post insurrection country look like if your rebellion should bear some fruit. It could end up divided into a multitude of little fiefdoms each ruled by a warlord without any sense of liberty or it might look like the disorganized chaos of a Somalia.

The successful insurrections have occurred without a citizenry taking up arms. Ghandi brought down the might of the British Empire while his followers were unarmed. Lech Walesa lead a movement that eventually brought down the Soviet Empire without resorting to a six shooter. The Mandelas brought down the a racist regime in South Africa.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 01-29-2013 at 08:12 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Lots of talk lately about taking up arms against the government. What you are advocating is treason. The definition is right there in the Constitution that you scholars all revere.

A state has an inherent right to protect itself. Modern armies have an incredible degree of lethality. Armed insurrection has little chance against a modern state.

And what would a your post insurrection country look like if your rebellion should bear some fruit. It could end up divided into a multitude of little fiefdoms each ruled by a warlord without any sense of liberty or disorganized chaos like Somalia.

The successful insurrections have occurred without a citizenry taking up arms. Ghandi brought down the might of the British Empire while his followers were unarmed. Lech Walesa lead a movement that eventually brought down the Soviet Empire without resorting to a six shooter. The Mandelas brought down the a racist regime in South Africa.
    Exactly zeuss, look what Obama has done to America without firng a shot!!!
    Stan b & Elvis