The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OK.... a new thread,

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Before there is insurrection anywhere. I think folks need to encourage their states to nullify and support secession if need be.
    Secession ? really? nothing sparks a civil war like trying to secede from the United States...there isnt ONE state including Texas that would last 5 minutes in trying to secede...You cant secede without an Army or even a leader, none of which any state has...trying to secede gives the Feds exactly what you dont want them to have, the impetus to fire upon the American public
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I think it is funny when people assume that the whole military will side with the government if there was an insurgency. Being all volunteers from the same general public I would think that there would exist the same divide there also. Another thought is that as the government wages war against the citizens it will need outside help as it will be waging war against its biggest supporters. Dose our government have any friends that it doesn't buy with our money? We would be the laughing stock of the world.

And homeland security is surely watching this thread with some of the order that key words have been placed.. welcome to rtf!

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    I think it is funny when people assume that the whole military will side with the government if there was an insurgency. Being all volunteers from the same general public I would think that there would exist the same divide there also. Another thought is that as the government wages war against the citizens it will need outside help as it will be waging war against its biggest supporters. Dose our government have any friends that it doesn't buy with our money? We would be the laughing stock of the world.

And homeland security is surely watching this thread with some of the order that key words have been placed.. welcome to rtf!
    Not as long as the incompetent ex governor of Arizona is at the helm, she cant/wont even protect her own state from the invasion of illegal undocumented aliens
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Sarge, his Ex orders are done without the consent of Congress
    Read the Ex orders. There is nothing in them that is new law. he did not tresspass on the purview of Congress
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post

I think you just earned a place on a watch list...
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    But didn't the Declaration of Independence make a case for the fact that sometimes the people have a human right to resist an oppressive govt?
    Yes it did. But, then a state has an inherent right to protect itself against insurrection. My point is, if it is a rebellion of arms against a modern state, it is unlikely to succeed.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 01-29-2013 at 08:50 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I think you just earned a place on a watch list...
    lol... Yes I have a file,I am a junior to my father who had some clearances, and I have worked in some federal buildings. They have photos, finger prints, many references, and who knows what else.

Funny story, I was working in the US Marshals offices and on the wall was a most wanted photo of a man who had a eerie resemblance to me. I walked up to the desk and pointed out the picture and asked why they wanted me? Gun was drawn and tool box dropped, we all had a laugh at that.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Secession ? really? nothing sparks a civil war like trying to secede from the United States...there isnt ONE state including Texas that would last 5 minutes in trying to secede...You cant secede without an Army or even a leader, none of which any state has...trying to secede gives the Feds exactly what you dont want them to have, the impetus to fire upon the American public
    Secession is very peaceful actually. The shots fired upon fort sumter were in self defense because the North kept stocking up supplies and ammunition in it for what looked like an offensive through the charleston harbor. The last straw was when a large ship that was posing a a civilian ship was found out to be carrying munitions and troops was headed to sumter. Lincoln wanted a reason to attack the south (not unlike FDR and the japanese) becasue most folks in the north did not care about secession.

I doubt if a state seceeded today, that there would be another civil war. A message needs to be sent to washington that we need to get back before 1861 in our mindset with powerful states and limited government. I think the only way the Feds will understand this is if they stop getting money from us.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Guns and ammo seem to be in short supply these days.
    The question arises... these recent FFL purchases have all been well documented. Unlike many of the purchases and trades we might have made in the past.
    We might own shadow guns from the past. But recent purchases have been recorded. If as many fear, a round up happens...these most recent records will be the ones accessed.
    If the ATF, the FBI, your local LE or NG shows up and demands your recorded firearms, will you fire on them?
    Will your AR match the fire power of an Apache helicopter? Or even your Sheriffs Dept?

Maybe it's time to start electing people who do the will of the people..JD

All guns are shadow guns unless you live in a State that Registers all firearms.

Example; I buy a Rifle from Academy this morning. At lunch time a friend likes it so much he offers me the price of the gun plus $200. I sell it to him. I no longer have the gun so who cares what paper work says I do.

Basically as long as Private Firearms Transactions continue to be legal, saying "I sold it to John down the street" will continue to be a valid excuse of why you no longer have that firearm.

Now if they are attempting to do away with this by passing the 'Private backgrounds check'. BUT! it still won't matter b/c they have no way to know who owns what and when. Plus there's no law against giving a gun away.

Either way these are things I would consider completely unconstitutional and would feel no moral obligation to abide by. Sadly as a long LAW ABDING Citizen, it seems as if the time is approaching where we will be forced to become slaves to the law are have to step outside the box in order to protect ourselves.

The Private Background Check sounds like a good idea, but it's just another step towards identifying who has what. Another strike at privacy under the guise of safety.

Tell me again how that T.J. thought that the 2nd Amendment was for Hunting and Personal Defense.