The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody been watching Egypt?

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    No thanks, been there and done that.

Besides, Rand is a rogue in the GOP, an independent thinker and won't get the Repub Party support for his Presidential bid. Just look at the way the Repubs voted in sending F16's and Abrams tanks to the Muslim Brotherhood or in raising the Debt Ceiling. Rand was one of the few Repubs that voted against both. Like his father, Rand gets little support for his Bills from the Repubs.

Over the last 30 years, the Repubs have proven that they really aren't that much different than the Dems. The Repubs from Reagan to Bush 43 were big Deficit spenders and supported big intrusive government. Both the Repubs and Dems pandered to the illegal migration to the USA(Reagan's Amnesty in 1984 and Bush 43 ignoring the situation). Not to mention how they are controlled by the military contractors.

In 2015, the Repub Party will back a get-along, good boy for the nomination. Hopefully, the people will see differently.

And, just maybe, we'll make a Libertarian out of you. Afterall, Rand is our man
    According to Rand Paul, he is NOT his Dad and is a "Tea Party Republican."
    I believe Rand auhtored a book, anyone recall the name of the book??

Oh Yeah: "The Tea Party Goes to Washington"
    Has anyone read it????

Read his website, NO WHERE does it even mention the word Libertarian.
    Last edited by road kill; 02-02-2013 at 06:31 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    According to Rand Paul, he is NOT his Dad and is a "Tea Party Republican."
    I believe Rand auhtored a book, anyone recall the name of the book??

Oh Yeah: "The Tea Party Goes to Washington"
    Has anyone read it????

Read his website, NO WHERE does it even mention the word Libertarian.
    No one questions that the Tea Party was behind Rand and others back in 2010. That book was written three years ago! Today, the Tea Party is virtually non existent. The Tea Party embraced the "less government, less spending" theme that helped their cause. In 2012, the Teas took it on the chin losing most of the seats they picked up in 2010. Their big problem is that they strayed for the "less government, less spending" theme and added a bunch of limited Liberty ideas to their mantra.

Yes, we are aware that he doesn't mention Libertarian on his website. Right now, he is trying to work within the two party system monopoly. A third party victory right now would be a huge stretch. And, we know he will be rejected from support by the GOP establishment. They won't support his Bills now, what makes anyone think they will support his ideas down the road?

I challenge anyone to find one issue where he differs with his father!

Not that Rand isn't his own man, it is just that the apple didn't fall far from the tree.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-02-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

No one questions that the Tea Party was behind Rand and others back in 2010. That book was written three years ago! Today, the Tea Party is virtually non existent. The Tea Party embraced the "less government, less spending" theme that helped their cause. In 2012, the Teas took it on the chin losing most of the seats they picked up in 2010. Their big problem is that they strayed for the "less government, less spending" theme and added a bunch of limited Liberty ideas to their mantra.

Yes, we are aware that he doesn't mention Libertarian on his website. Right now, he is trying to work within the two party system monopoly. A third party victory right now would be a huge stretch. And, we know he will be rejected from support by the GOP establishment. They won't support his Bills now, what makes anyone think they will support his ideas down the road?

I challenge anyone to find one issue where he differs with his father!

Not that Rand isn't his own man, it is just that the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

You are comparing a US Senator to a (former)US Congressman...apples to oranges : Ron dealt with Fiscal policy , Rand will deal with foreign policy and constitutional issues.....

I do know one stark difference that was just sent to me a few minutes ago....Rand Paul advertises with Dick Morris and his website....Dick Morris wouldnt give his dad the time of day and vice versa
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I think Rand has learned from where his father failed. He is a very bright guy. I'm sure that Ron is still his mentor.

I'm sure that Rand offered that bill about the F16s knowing full well it would never pass ... and it revealed which of his Rs did not have the courage to vote with him. There may not have been any question, but this put it on the record ... as the saga of Egypt (and the rest of the ME) continues to unfold.

I think Ron raised awareness of core issues, and that will position Rand better to advance what Ron started. I think Ron ultimately realized that being an influential member of one of the existing parties was the way to "win the war". Perhaps this demonstrates that it takes two generations to make things change?

There is a lot I admire about Ron, but the effects of his ideas came to late in his life to make his candidacy truly viable. There are some things I can differ with, but I would have no hesitancy to vote for Rand for POTUS.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I think Rand has learned from where his father failed. He is a very bright guy. I'm sure that Ron is still his mentor.

I'm sure that Rand offered that bill about the F16s knowing full well it would never pass ... and it revealed which of his Rs did not have the courage to vote with him. There may not have been any question, but this put it on the record ... as the saga of Egypt (and the rest of the ME) continues to unfold.

I think Ron raised awareness of core issues, and that will position Rand better to advance what Ron started. I think Ron ultimately realized that being an influential member of one of the existing parties was the way to "win the war". Perhaps this demonstrates that it takes two generations to make things change?

There is a lot I admire about Ron, but the effects of his ideas came to late in his life to make his candidacy truly viable. There are some things I can differ with, but I would have no hesitancy to vote for Rand for POTUS.
    Very good observation!

Yes, sometimes it does take two or more generations, read my signature line

Ron's convictions where always with him and yes he did have to deal with a lot of age discrimination. He has always been direct, bring up issues that no one wanted to talk about. His directness was used against him.

Like his father, the GOP establishment will do all that they can to minimize Rand.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Very good observation!

Ron's convictions where always with him and yes he did have to deal with a lot of age discrimination. He has always been direct, bring up issues that no one wanted to talk about. His directness was used against him.

Like his father, the GOP establishment will do all that they can to minimize Rand.
    Could you take a moment and list all the bills Dr Ron Paul authored, sponsored and passed in his career?
    Stan b & Elvis

Very good observation!

I disagree with you...IMO Rand is learning how to win friends on the Hill, by slowly ascending to positions on his committees and how he works with others and the media...the establishment that you refer to is getting old and is going to have to embrace the young lions of the Party as long as they arent one time flash in the pans...Rand is much more articulate than his dad and has a much fresher style with more appeal than the good ole dad
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Could you take a moment and list all the bills Dr Ron Paul authored, sponsored and passed in his career?
    RK, I don't think there is a thead on Potus where you don't bring up this tired, wornout comment!

Have you looked at Congress' approval rating?

Had Congress interest be of the people's like Dr Ron Paul instead of with Special Interest, their approval rating would be much higher.

Apparently, since you dislike Dr Paul so much, you have got to be happy with the status quo.

Let me ask you about your guy, the one you wanted to be the VP, Paul Ryan. What are your thoughts of him voting to raise the Debt Ceiling for the 9th time, two weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I disagree with you...IMO Rand is learning how to win friends on the Hill, by slowly ascending to positions on his committees and how he works with others and the media...the establishment that you refer to is getting old and is going to have to embrace the young lions of the Party as long as they arent one time flash in the pans...Rand is much more articulate than his dad and has a much fresher style with more appeal than the good ole dad
    Rand making friends?

The Repubs have voted against every Bill he has put forth.

From denying Foreign Aid to Pakistan and other corrupt foreign countries and the Bill to stop selling F16's and Abrams tanks to the Muslim Brotherhood. He received almost zero support in his stand against not raising the Debt Ceiling or his opposition to NDAA.

The next litmus test is the Bill he just introduced, the National Right To Work. He may get a little more support from the Repubs on this one.

Because he is younger, he does have more appeal. But, the GOP establishment still considers him rogue.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-02-2013 at 04:41 PM.

RK, I don't think there is a thead on Potus where you don't bring up this tired, wornout comment!

Have you looked at Congress' approval rating?

Had Congress interest be of the people's like Dr Ron Paul instead of with Special Interest, their approval rating would be much higher.

Apparently, since you dislike Dr Paul so much, you have got to be happy with the status quo.

Let me ask you about your guy, the one you wanted to be the VP, Paul Ryan. What are your thoughts of him voting to raise the Debt Ceiling for the 9th time, two weeks ago?
    And after every time I ask it, you dance around and avoid answering the question.

Why??

You list Dr Pauls achievements, and I'll stop asking.
    It's a simple question.
    Last edited by road kill; 02-02-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis