The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Immigration Legislation

Default Immigration Legislation

It seems that both the Rs and Ds are now talking about a variant of some form of amnesty for present illegal residents.

The Rs sticking point is that reform must be preceded by the commitment to secure the border.

The question always raised with amnesty is that it encourages more illegal immigration in the future. This did materialize after Reagan's amnesty. However, nobody has mentioned what the penalties will be for illegal immigration AFTER this reform is put in place ... so that we don't go through all of this again in another 10 or 15 years. Wouldn't that seem reasonable stipulation as well?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

No penalty... More illegal immigration. Only thing Obama will accept. Keep the floodgates open. R's will cave.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    It seems that both the Rs and Ds are now talking about a variant of some form of amnesty for present illegal residents.

The Rs sticking point is that reform must be preceded by the commitment to secure the border.

The question always raised with amnesty is that it encourages more illegal immigration in the future. This did materialize after Reagan's amnesty. However, nobody has mentioned what the penalties will be for illegal immigration AFTER this reform is put in place ... so that we don't go through all of this again in another 10 or 15 years. Wouldn't that seem reasonable stipulation as well?
    I posted on this yesterday, about the bipartisan plan.

Obama will destroy it today in his speech outlining his plan.
    He needs this "WEDGE!!!"
    Stan b & Elvis

Correct, another wedge issue for the American public in a attempt to divid the nation further and further apart. It also is a great diversion to get people minds off of the gun subject for 45 to 60 days while they are passing laws against the 2nd Admend. Then they will turn to the debt issue again and work on passing laws comcerning immigration. People cannot have such short term memories and fall for these bait and switch tactics.

Only suggestion concerning illegals that makes sense to me is let them all get amnesty and citizenship with this one caveat...they can't vote for 25 years. That MIGHT slow down the Democrats and Obama in their quest for easy citzenship.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

It's a trap..the D's will lure the R's into negotiations but when the R's pull out they will paint the Party and Rubio as anti immigration...no such thing as bi partisan immigration
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

This is important from Rubio (just read it in the Limbaugh transcript from today:
    According to the law today, if you are a lawfully present in the country but you are not a green card holder, you do not qualify for any federal benefits. That's existing law. And so that means that the folks that are gonna be in this probationary stage that's in our principles,
    According to the law today, if you are a lawfully present in the country but you are not a green card holder, you do not qualify for any federal benefits. That's existing law. And so that means that the folks that are gonna be in this probationary stage that's in our principles, they don't qualify for any federal benefits except for one, Obamacare. Obamacare is the only federal benefit where you qualify for it, not because you have a green card but only because you're lawfully present. That issue needs to be resolved because if Obamacare is available to 11 million people, it blows a hole in our budget and makes this bill undoable. That's one of the major issues we're gonna have to confront.
    Rubio also asked a pertinent question: why did the POTUS have to go to Las Vegas to make his speech? Why couldn't he do it in DC? If he wanted to go to a border state, he could also have gone to TX or AZ or NM
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    It's a trap..the D's will lure the R's into negotiations but when the R's pull out they will paint the Party and Rubio as anti immigration...no such thing as bi partisan immigration
    That is one thing you have to admire about the Democrats. They always have a plan and stick to it. It is a book called Rules to Radicals. Also, they never throw one of their own members under the bus. Senator Menendez is a classic example with the underage prostutes. He even did a interview Sunday and wasn't even asked a question about the scandal. Do you honestly believe someone like Senator Paul or Demint could get though this interview in the same scanerio.

I think this quote appeared on another thread, but might be worth repeating here ...
    What is the expression….history repeats itself……look what the world leaders were saying 2068 years ago!!

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance."
    - Cicero, 55 BC
    We know what happened to Rome ...
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com