The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lance Armstrong?

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    the hammer was my early childhood sports idol and remains my favorite player. but if henry aaron and willie mays had still been in the negro leagues and thought this pill or that woulda helped them get to the bigs, i think they woulda ate 'em like skittles.
    Could you imagine the size of the salaries a Mays or Aaron would command in todays world

I remember when Koufax and Drysdale held out together and got the first 100K contracts in MLB from the Dodgers
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    being an old BB card nerd in my schoolboy days...Aaron was the most consistent of the prolific HR hitters, I don't think he ever topped 50 in a season...I remember the night he hit 715 because he did it against my Dodgers with Al Downing on the hill, he hung a curve ball that didnt curve over the plate and Hank hit it over the left field fence

The proof is there on Bonds,Sosa and Clemens (used to be a huge fan)...its just not the type that holds up in court, but of course Lance Armstrong has taught us that passing a drug test no longer means that you werent taking PED's
    Bon, Willie Mays teammate said Willie was a amphetamine user and he saw Willie with them, that is the same proof that is used against others in the steroid area. Aaron's HR totals seemed to compare along the lines of Harmon Killebrews however Killebrew's stats declined (like most players) as he aged, dropping off at age 35, Aaron (like Clemens and Bonds) got better.
    Last edited by mngundog; 01-31-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Bobby Bonds was a teammate of Willie Mays.....Mays is also the godfather of Barry Bonds....what is sad is that Barry didnt need to cheat, he was well on his way to a HOF career with the Pirates
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Is there a list of the things that Lance took and could I buy it at GNC as a cancer recovery kit?

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    "At this point, what difference does it make???"

Lieing is OK now folks..............
    They are just following the fine examples set by ALL of our political leaders

Well when it was reported that Sir Lance a shot, patch, cream, or pill might have opened up the possiblility of renewed criminal charges I was so happy. I was hoping he would share a cell with Bubba or Tyrone for a few years. Turns out ol Lance once again has proved smarter than the rest of us........statute of limitations has run out.

Of course not our Bubba. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Shouldn't you be out choking a chicken or 2?

Population control regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Probably but right now I'm to busy grinding up deer antlers for Ray and the boys. When I finish with the antlers I'm gonna grind up chicken beaks and feet for afrodeeziacts for my Chinese friends.

duk4,
    don't slander yourself..............lol
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    duk4,
    don't slander yourself..............lol
    John that is classic. Good job.