The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lance Armstrong?

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    well the story now is " deer antler spray"....being a long time deer hunter, I wonder if they are actually using doe urine or doe estrus either of which are the most disgusting vile scents you never want to experience...

seriously the deer antler spray is the stuff that game biologists have been using for years to genetically alter these freaks at game farms across the country which produce freaks of nature, by stimulating excessive cell growth

any insinuations that Mays or Aaron cheated are false....they both possessed bodies sculpted by the almighty...Aaron wielded a bat that was only eclipsed by that of Richie Allen...Mays had it all, he was really the first player that would be considered a 5 tool player ..Mays and Aaron also had to face the likes of Koufax,Gibson,Marichal,Spahn,Drysdale, a dead ball and pitchers ball parks...Mays and Aaron didnt need to cheat they were that good....
    Don't forget Mickey... He did it for years with a hangover...and was still great...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Don't forget Mickey... He did it for years with a hangover...and was still great...
    remember Mickey's famous quote when people were gushing about Jose Canseco having 30HR seasons and stealing 30 bases..." if I'd known it was going to be that big a deal, I would have done it a couple of times"

On a personal note I got to meet the Mick when I lived in Dallas...I played golf with Mick Jr and one of Roger Maris' sons frequently...Mick Jr could hit a golf ball as far as John Daly, maybe farther....one day he asks if I can drive him to Preston Trail CC so I say of course...then he asks"do you want to meet my dad"....well you betcha...Mick was playing cards with some guys in the locker room at the club, was in total awe of meeting the man, one of the big thrills of my life
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

remember Mickey's famous quote when people were gushing about Jose Canseco having 30HR seasons and stealing 30 bases..." if I'd known it was going to be that big a deal, I would have done it a couple of times"

On a personal note I got to meet the Mick when I lived in Dallas...I played golf with Mick Jr and one of Roger Maris' sons frequently...Mick Jr could hit a golf ball as far as John Daly, maybe farther....one day he asks if I can drive him to Preston Trail CC so I say of course...then he asks"do you want to meet my dad"....well you betcha...Mick was playing cards with some guys in the locker room at the club, was in total awe of meeting the man, one of the big thrills of my life
    Did you shake hands with him????
    Stan b & Elvis

That's what I'm talking about! Neat story Bon. When I was a teenager, I trained my little brother to be a switch hitter because of Mickey Mantle. I kept the poor kid out in the yard for hours hitting from both sides... He was maybe 5 at the time... By the time he got to little league, he would hit anything they threw... He probably hated me for making him do that at the time though.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Did you shake hands with him????
    well Hell Yes....and then he asks "...who won today ?, how much did you guys play for ? " ( I lost of course, but was worth every penny that day )

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

well Hell Yes....and then he asks "...who won today ?, how much did you guys play for ? " ( I lost of course, but was worth every penny that day )
    His hands were enormous!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

His hands were enormous!!!!
    Like these?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4519223...2616/lightbox/
    Bill Davis

Are you suggesting Aaron used amphetamines?
    Do you have any proof?
    Is this simply conjecture??

Just askin'...............
    I guess I don't have proof of anyone including Bonds, Clemens or Sosa. However what we do is look at some facts and draw some conclusions, Clemens and Bonds amazingly got better with age, and so did Aaron (who saw his best stats at HR% at age 39, and led the league in HR% at age 37,38, and 39). Wille May's own team mate said that Mays was an amphetamine user (and saw it in his locker), should accusations preclude someone from the HOF? What proof is needed? Just askin'..............

the hammer was my early childhood sports idol and remains my favorite player. but if henry aaron and willie mays had still been in the negro leagues and thought this pill or that woulda helped them get to the bigs, i think they woulda ate 'em like skittles.
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    I guess I don't have proof of anyone including Bonds, Clemens or Sosa. However what we do is look at some facts and draw some conclusions, Clemens and Bonds amazingly got better with age, and so did Aaron (who saw his best stats at HR% at age 39, and led the league in HR% at age 37,38, and 39). Willie May's own team mate said that Mays was an amphetamine user (and saw it in his locker), should accusations preclude someone from the HOF? What proof is needed? Just askin'..............
    being an old BB card nerd in my schoolboy days...Aaron was the most consistent of the prolific HR hitters, I don't think he ever topped 50 in a season...I remember the night he hit 715 because he did it against my Dodgers with Al Downing on the hill, he hung a curve ball that didnt curve over the plate and Hank hit it over the left field fence

The proof is there on Bonds,Sosa and Clemens (used to be a huge fan)...its just not the type that holds up in court, but of course Lance Armstrong has taught us that passing a drug test no longer means that you werent taking PED's