The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Thread: GDP shows loss

  1. #1
    Senior Member starjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    891

    Default GDP shows loss

    In the forth Quarter. Now here i thought every thing is rosy with our prez back in. It is just amazing these number just come out now

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    In the forth Quarter. Now here i thought every thing is rosy with our prez back in. It is just amazing these number just come out now

    When do you think 4th quarter performance of the economy (or any business, for that matter) should be reported?
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kinston, NC
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    In the forth Quarter. Now here i thought every thing is rosy with our prez back in. It is just amazing these number just come out now
    Are you surprised?

  4. #4
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,209

    Default

    $5 trillion in stimulus
    Worst perfomance since '09
    Biggest dip in 3 years
    Democrats blame Republicans
    60% approval rating for Obama

    "at this point, does it really matter?"
    Last edited by road kill; 01-31-2013 at 05:46 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    $5 trillion in stimulus
    Worst perfomance since '09
    Biggest dip in 3 years
    Democrats blame Republicans
    60% approval rating for Obama

    "at this point, does it really matter?"
    Even though RK has blocked me allegedly because "Im mean" {emails from some of his fellow cheeseheads have implied a different reason having to do with photos} I will use his quote to make a point to others who havent blocked me

    He correctly states that "Dems blame Reps"
    he fails to mention that Reps blame Dems.
    Both of those statements are correct

    What is also correct is that the problem is the responsibility of the Dems and the Repubs.
    He goes on to state "at this point does it really matter?"

    My answer to that question is "YES" At this point it matters more than ever
    We are in a crisis. Both the Dems and Reps have had periods of control of both houses of Congress and the White House during the formation of this crisis. In those periods the problem just got worse. To a rational mind that would seem to clearly show that the Dems and Reps have both proven they are the problem and are incapable of solving it; even when they control Congress and the White House.

    Yet we keep blindly voting for either the Dems or the Reps to the exclusion of all other parties.
    We the sheeple keep voting the same two parties into power; those two parties have caused the problem and have proven they cant & wont solve the problem.

    When Franco and others point out the folly of this practice the response from the sheeple is to point fingers at the other party. After ridiculing Franco, All or most will begrudgingly admit that the two party system has failed us. They will also admit that they like much of the platform of other parties; however those parties are too weak to have any effect.

    That is a failed argument. If you argue that the Ravens are likely to lose the Super Bowl if they replaced their lines with weak, frail octogenerians from a rest home I would agree. Those old men would be too weak and insignificant to stop the 49ers lines from dominating the game. They are never going to get strong enough too have any impact regardless of how much time they spend in the rec center at retirement village

    However politics aint football. In Politics ALL of the strength still comes from we the sheeple; with our votes.
    If we the sheeple deny our votes {and $}to the failed Dems & Reps then instantaneously they become the skinny frail ineffective retiree who can no longer have any impact on the result of what is for the USA the ultimate SUPER BOWL.

    Need I remind the Dem & Rep denizens of this echo chamber of the definition of insanity???

    Please dont anyone quote this post, so as not to expose the delicate RK to anymore of my MEANNESS

  6. #6
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    Even though RK has blocked me allegedly because "Im mean" {emails from some of his fellow cheeseheads have implied a different reason having to do with photos} I will use his quote to make a point to others who havent blocked me

    He correctly states that "Dems blame Reps"
    he fails to mention that Reps blame Dems.
    Both of those statements are correct

    What is also correct is that the problem is the responsibility of the Dems and the Repubs.
    He goes on to state "at this point does it really matter?"

    My answer to that question is "YES" At this point it matters more than ever
    We are in a crisis. Both the Dems and Reps have had periods of control of both houses of Congress and the White House during the formation of this crisis. In those periods the problem just got worse. To a rational mind that would seem to clearly show that the Dems and Reps have both proven they are the problem and are incapable of solving it; even when they control Congress and the White House.

    Yet we keep blindly voting for either the Dems or the Reps to the exclusion of all other parties.
    We the sheeple keep voting the same two parties into power; those two parties have caused the problem and have proven they cant & wont solve the problem.

    When Franco and others point out the folly of this practice the response from the sheeple is to point fingers at the other party. After ridiculing Franco, All or most will begrudgingly admit that the two party system has failed us. They will also admit that they like much of the platform of other parties; however those parties are too weak to have any effect.

    That is a failed argument. If you argue that the Ravens are likely to lose the Super Bowl if they replaced their lines with weak, frail octogenerians from a rest home I would agree. Those old men would be too weak and insignificant to stop the 49ers lines from dominating the game. They are never going to get strong enough too have any impact regardless of how much time they spend in the rec center at retirement village

    However politics aint football. In Politics ALL of the strength still comes from we the sheeple; with our votes.
    If we the sheeple deny our votes {and $}to the failed Dems & Reps then instantaneously they become the skinny frail ineffective retiree who can no longer have any impact on the result of what is for the USA the ultimate SUPER BOWL.

    Need I remind the Dem & Rep denizens of this echo chamber of the definition of insanity???

    Please dont anyone quote this post, so as not to expose the delicate RK to anymore of my MEANNESS
    I took you off ignore.
    I was feeling a little down and I knew your delightful posts would cheer me up!!!
    Last edited by road kill; 01-31-2013 at 09:21 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I took you off ignore.
    I was feeling a little down and I knew your delightful posts would cheer me up!!!
    Glad to be of service RK. Its always nice to help cheer someone up

    I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the substance of my post

  8. #8
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    Glad to be of service RK. Its always nice to help cheer someone up

    I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the substance of my post
    Your last 2 posts on POTUS have been excellent.
    They have had solid input and great content.

    I disagree slightly on the third party issue, but so what, it's your opinion.
    That's what this is about.

    As far as those pictures, they were "2 other boys that look just like us!"
    (Beavis & Butthead reference)
    Last edited by road kill; 01-31-2013 at 10:06 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,594

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    $5 trillion in stimulus
    Worst perfomance since '09
    Biggest dip in 3 years
    Democrats blame Republicans; Republicans blame Democrats; John Q. Public screwed (again, or is it still...)
    60% approval rating for Obama

    "at this point, does it really matter?"
    Fixed it for ya, Stan! -Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  10. #10
    Senior Member starjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    When do you think 4th quarter performance of the economy (or any business, for that matter) should be reported?
    Not a month later

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •