The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: GDP shows loss

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Jeff - they always have a cause that turns to donations - remember Dick Armey of Barney Fag fame - was going to fix the taxing of SS to those recipients who were being taxed on money they had already paid tax on - Never got fixed, he's into some other fund raising effort - It's very hard to take any of the guys seriously, & I mean any of them - you have to work with what you see or as Chuck Knox would say "you play the hand you are dealt" . Marvin
    Marvin, I can agree with most of that. I cannot understand why the NDAA story isnt receiving more press. The gov is simultaneously trying to take our guns while passing a bill that allows the gov to indefinitely detain and/or fire on American citizens on american soil if the gov feels you are a threat. At the same time were giving F-16's and Abrams tanks to the enemy yet Rand Paul is the only politician to stand up and try and stop the madness. So if he is receiving donations for causes that strengthen America and protect the American citizenry and our constitution more power to him. On the contrary most of the donations given to politicians lately have been to destroy America. Your thoughts,
    Oh and chuck Knox for president

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...347774.htmlthe madness.


  2. #32
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Jeff - they always have a cause that turns to donations - remember Dick Armey of Barney Fag fame - was going to fix the taxing of SS to those recipients who were being taxed on money they had already paid tax on - Never got fixed, he's into some other fund raising effort - It's very hard to take any of the guys seriously, & I mean any of them - you have to work with what you see or as Chuck Knox would say "you play the hand you are dealt" . Marvin
    Back in the days before the tax payers worked for the politicians, when government worked for the people, political contributions came from the people. Not like today where Special Interest in the form of Packs control election spending!

    They few Reformers do NOT get the large Corporate and Special Interest money like we witnessed this last election with Obama and Rmoney.
    People like retired Ron Paul and even now, Rand Paul, get thier support from the people! They are not the Special Interest puppets like the ones you support.

    You have a hard time supporting candidates that believe that they are there to serve the people. Candidates willing to fight for what is right and are not good at getting along with your status quo! Taking baseless cheap shots of real servants of the people is one reason why people like you are a big part of the problem!

    P S
    Last month, RP spoke in front of over 5,000 students. Texas A & M is one of the most Conservative U's in this country and they love him there!
    Last edited by Franco; 02-01-2013 at 02:05 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge



  3. #33
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,869

    Default

    Something kind of interesting.
    Doubt you will hear about it in the state run media.

    Wisconsin's UE rate is now at 6%.
    As a result extended unemployment is discontinued.
    Now, in order to get income thousands (if not tens of thousands) will have to take jobs.
    My buddy at the VA claims there are thousands (if not tens of thousands) of job openings he can not fill.

    So......instead of giving out $$$ the state will be taking in even more $$$.
    That would doublr the revenue at the state level.
    Instead of giving a cheesehead $100 for not working, he will be paying $100 in taxes.
    This along with the surplus generated by ACT 10 instituted by Governor Walker will have some very interesting ramifications nationally!

    People working, paying taxes and buying stuff................"what a country!!!"

    I understand there is more to it than the simplistic way I have presented, or is there?
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Texas A & M is one of the most Conservative U's in this country and they love him there!
    Not that this has any relevance but they are also, along with Ohio State, USC, the shorthorns, Arizona & Wisconsin teams who have never had a QB alum run a team in the SB. Though I think WI will be off that list shortly .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Something kind of interesting.
    Doubt you will hear about it in the state run media.

    Wisconsin's UE rate is now at 6%.
    As a result extended unemployment is discontinued.
    Now, in order to get income thousands (if not tens of thousands) will have to take jobs.
    My buddy at the VA claims there are thousands (if not tens of thousands) of job openings he can not fill.

    So......instead of giving out $$$ the state will be taking in even more $$$.
    That would doublr the revenue at the state level.
    Instead of giving a cheesehead $100 for not working, he will be paying $100 in taxes.
    This along with the surplus generated by ACT 10 instituted by Governor Walker will have some very interesting ramifications nationally!

    People working, paying taxes and buying stuff................"what a country!!!"

    I understand there is more to it than the simplistic way I have presented, or is there?
    Somehow I believe Buzz is going to tell you how MN was able to drop our unemployment rate down to 5.5%.

  6. #36
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Somehow I believe Buzz is going to tell you how MN was able to drop our unemployment rate down to 5.5%.
    I'll have to take your word for it.
    Buzz is intellectually above communicating with me.'
    Stan b & Elvis

  7. #37
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Not that this has any relevance but they are also, along with Ohio State, USC, the shorthorns, Arizona & Wisconsin teams who have never had a QB alum run a team in the SB. Though I think WI will be off that list shortly .
    Bobby Layne 1952 NFL Champions w/Detroit Lions.....former University Of Texas LONGHORN quarterback
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Bobby Layne 1952 NFL Champions w/Detroit Lions.....former University Of Texas LONGHORN quarterback
    That was SB??
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  9. #39
    Senior Member Golddogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    In the forth Quarter. Now here i thought every thing is rosy with our prez back in. It is just amazing these number just come out now
    Can't be all bad, Dow just topped 14000 and there was a gain of 157000 jobs. Not going at the speed of light, but going. Housing starts are up and gun and ammo sales are topping the charts in record sales.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

  10. #40
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Can't be all bad, Dow just topped 14000 and there was a gain of 157000 jobs. Not going at the speed of light, but going. Housing starts are up and gun and ammo sales are topping the charts in record sales.
    Is it finally NOT Bush's fault anymore?
    Stan b & Elvis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •